One Parent Benefit

(2 Posts)
spanglyflip Tue 08-Mar-16 00:51:51

am I right in thinking that there used to be a benefit for single parents and now there isn't (or it's taken into consideration when awarding tax credits?)?

Student Loans have just sent me their annual form, there's a box for One Parent Benefit, I googled it and it sent me here:
www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/ccmmanual/CCM18070.htm

I don't think i'm eligible but I need every penny so I was hoping someone on mumsnet could clarify?? And that might help others

2flyforwifi2 Thu 10-Mar-16 17:47:05

Lone parents get income support and child tax credits if not working/student. Oh and child benefit. Don't know about universal credit. When I was a student I had a bursary plus a student loan. I also had child tax credits and child benefit. But wasnt entitled to income support or housing benefit. Everything is means tested. I think you have less than 5000 in bank too. Your best bet is to make an app with the lone parent advisor at the jobcentre. They will give you a print out of what you are entitled to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now