Homesick child and holidays

(3 Posts)
Otter686 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:24:16

Hi

I'm looking for advice please. My DD is 8 and every time we go on holiday she gets terribly homesick. This has gotten worse as she's got older. When we are away she is counting the days down till we go home and I'm starting to question if it's worth it. Should I just accept she is not suited to holidays and stop having them or persevere? It is just the two of us usually, I have tried going away with my mum & dad aswell but she's just the same. She loves the idea of it all but once she's there she wants to go home. It's hard work trying to keep her busy and distracted so she doesn't think about it too much. It ends up not being much of a holiday for me.

starry0ne Sun 28-Feb-16 22:51:24

Is it as soon as she is away> Could you go to the seaside and stay overnight..Day trips..

Have you tried talking to her about it when you come back..Does she like going out at home?

Otter686 Mon 29-Feb-16 13:04:14

Yes it's once we get there. She's fine going on day trips, she loves going out for the day. We've only done a couple of over night stays and she was ok with that. We've been to centre parcs and the like and she's still homesick. I've spoken to her about it and she just says she misses home. I don't know what's best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now