kelso scottish borders

(6 Posts)
sayjayc Tue 16-Feb-16 08:26:18

hi im a single mum to two girls (nearly 5 and nearly 1) ive moved here bout six months ago and have no friends. id love to meet others for a walk or a coffee or just someone to talk to. I dont want to go to mother and toddler groups as im quite anxious and would rather be relaxed with a walk or other activity.

my little girl is at nursery in the afternoons but hasnt really made friends either as shes shy like me so would be great if she had the chance outside nursery for a scoot about the park or feed the ducks or anything really.

Butwhyohwhy Tue 16-Feb-16 12:38:57

Hi, is there a local mumsnet group you could put this in? there is for where I stay (Ayrshire) you might find more people in your area to meet up with, hope you find some like minded people smile

sayjayc Tue 16-Feb-16 14:53:48

hi, i searched that but there was nothing for my area. thanks for the suggestion though xxxx

Butwhyohwhy Tue 16-Feb-16 16:21:35

Try the scotsnet section in that case, there are some chats of a meet up in Glasgow which I guess won't suit you being in the borders, but perhaps starting a thread there might get more replies. Or start a fb page for mums in your area? There's probably quite a few people in your situation who would love to have someone to meet for a play date. I was the same when DS was small, I was far too shy to go to any toddler groups, but wishing I had just went for it. Although he's now 4 and has the occasional play date with some other kids from preschool. Good luck smile

Butwhyohwhy Tue 16-Feb-16 16:22:40

And I have just realised you can no longer access the mumsnet local from the app, needs to be from the website

sayjayc Wed 17-Feb-16 09:09:33

hi again. thanks for all that. i tried to start a facebook group but it said i had to add at least one friend and i didnt want to do that as have none from the borders on my list so pretty pointless. think im gonna just have to grin and bear it and join mother and toddler groups but that solves the problem baby wise but not my nearly 5 year old wise. xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now