Single Parent House Share

(6 Posts)
spaceyface89 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:32:57

I have recently found myself single at four months pregnant and have had to reevaluate my plans.

I'm hoping to find a single parent house share in London with like minded people in their late twenties/thirties.

If you're interested, it'd be great to hear from you.

EternalSunshine820 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:03:35

Hi spacey I'm considering a move back to London (I move elsehwre when I had DD) but not too sure I can commit to that just yet, so may not be in time for your move.

However, I didn't want to not say this - I was in a similar position to you, single and 6/7 weeks pregnant in London, in early 2013. It was an upsetting time. I've learnt a lot since. So if there is anything you would like to know feel free to ask. And good luck.

duberrya Tue 29-Dec-15 00:03:11

Hello!
I'm single and due in February. I'm looking to be into a place by mid january to late January. I would love to see if we'd be a good match as housemates!!
-Free

carlyj1818 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:24:12

Hello, I'm a mama to be (due in May), living in London and I am struggling to find any accomodation that will accept me and my partner ever since I found out I was pregnant. We are both in low income employment at the moment, as we are self-employed and have had a difficult year. I am now facing homelessness and if I am housed by the council I have been told I will have to seperate from my partner. I really do not want this to happen as it's my first baby and I need a support network.

Technically I am not a single parent but finding a house share with other mum's would be ideal. I can afford £600-£650 pm on rent and need to move out end of January.

Please let me know if you are interested or know of anyone who is. Thank you xx

rachtlob Sun 27-Mar-16 16:02:16

Hello
Im looking into seeing how easy it would be to find similar people in the same situation as me. Single parent - divorced from my sons dad. I pay £950 rent for a 2 bed house in Camberley. I work full time and juggle with childcare as you do .
Id love to own my own home but just cant save any money . Im clean and tidy and very house proud. To be honest my son and I are hardly ever home. Im looking into finding others in the same situation- so to share a place together- split costs and be able to save.
Helpful comments kindly accepted.

Thanks

FindYourStrength Wed 30-Mar-16 23:39:41

Hi Spacey!
I'd be really interested.
I'm a single mum of a 17week old baby girl. Currently living with my parents in Ealing Broadway after a messy break up from my exP 3 months ago.
Really interested in meeting to see comparability smile what a great idea! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now