Lonely

(5 Posts)
Applecrumbling Sat 13-Jun-15 14:42:59

Just need to get it out, so to speak. I'm feeling lonely. Ex h left 7 years ago now and I feel I haven't really moved forward. I'm in the same job, same home. Did meet someone else but ended it at Christmas. My confidence is low and moods a bit all over. I do exercise, have people I probably go to but I tend to cut myself off. I'm taking my son away for a couple of weeks in the summer but I'm fed up of being alone. Sorry I just needed to vent.

Mumteedum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:46:03

Sorry you're feeling lonely. Sounds like you're in a bit of a rut? Maybe if your self esteem is low and you're cutting self off ,could you be depressed ? Maybe it's worth talking to the gp.

Applecrumbling Sat 13-Jun-15 15:07:03

Yes I've already been to go and having counselling. I do feel stuck and like things are not going to change.

Mumteedum Sat 13-Jun-15 17:40:38

I think the point of counselling is to help you identify what you need to change and how to do it. Is it early days?

Flowerpower41 Sun 14-Jun-15 05:50:08

My previous GP used to say that a lot of people turn to counselling when the problem is in actual fact a lifestyle problem.

I don't want to make assumptions but could it just be the social isolation of facing single parenting day in day out and cumulative to start with? I thought about CBT a few years ago but as the lady GP pointed out a lot of people find it is their lifestyle that they cannot change that brings on the depression and/or anxiety. I don't think she was just referring to single parents either.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now