Fathers day

(10 Posts)
yesiwouldlikefrieswiththat Tue 26-May-15 21:37:09

Do you buy for your exp for fathers day?

I was thinking of maybe a card and a token gift. Plus I am letting him keep dd for longer that weekend so they can spend the day together (contact arranged between us, no court order) is this quite standard? We have an ok relationship since the split but have had our ups and downs arguments etc.

sorry if this has been done to death it's just that it's the first one and I don't know whether to acknowledge it obo dd

Lioninthesun Thu 28-May-15 05:08:50

I'd see if dd wants to make one and go from there. It's not your responsibility any more! Did he sort out a mothers day card for you?

yesiwouldlikefrieswiththat Thu 28-May-15 13:13:36

She's too young to grasp it so it's up to me I'm afraid

his mum did- so even though he didn't put the effort in I still got something

Thanks for answering flowers

Starlightbright1 Thu 28-May-15 16:23:24

if too young to grasp and his mum did I would say yes...

It can help keep things running smoothly. Not sure how young but homemade can be good as pictures from nursery, pre school tend to go home and therefore cost you less.

DressingGown Sun 31-May-15 22:44:53

Nursery generally sort it for me by ensuring dd makes her dad a card... Which is more than sufficient! If your LO isn't at nursery, you could always make him a card together?

TongueBiter Sun 31-May-15 22:47:36

Whatever you do - lots of glitter on it! grin

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 31-May-15 22:48:53

I would but mainly for your dd. I used to for my dsd when she was young for her dm. She used to enjoy choosing a card and a small present. It made her feel happy, I never thought of it as me buying her dm a present.

broadbeanstew Sun 31-May-15 23:19:29

My exH isn't seeing the DC on fathers day as it isn't 'his' weekend and he is going to a party hmm

He did nothing for me on mother's day, luckily school obliged and they made me lovely cards. So if they make something at school he will obviously get them, but no I'm not going to buy anything special for him.

kinkyfuckery Sun 31-May-15 23:29:26

For the sake of harmonious relationships, I would. Just get her to do a quick hand or foot print or something

wellysrule Mon 01-Jun-15 12:10:12

I, personally, don't and never have (split when kids were 2 and 4). But I can see that it could have been a nice thing to do for the kids' sake and would possibly have helped the ongoing 'relationship'.
But don't put too much time or effort it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now