advice on ex and access to newborn

(3 Posts)
Adds2015 Sat 02-May-15 11:13:25

Hey I'm new on here n currently 27weeks pregnant by my violent ex
I ended the relationship b4 I knew I was pregnant after he beat me 4 over an hr infront of my 2 little kiddies I already have sad he was arrested n found guilty in court n given a 6mth suspended sentence.
However now he has found out im pregnant he said he wants 50% custody of the baby once she is born n if I refuse he said he will take me to court n do everything in his power to get all my kids removed frm me. This bloke is a pathological liar n control freak. The thought of being forced to hand my baby over to this guy terrifies me as he is completely unstable! Does any1 know the likely outcome of a custody hearing if this goes to court he is not allowed in house due to violence my young kiddies witnessed n I don't feel safe around him can a court force me to b around him to enable him access to my baby. I would much appreciate any advice
Cheers

FishWithABicycle Sat 02-May-15 11:28:51

Firstly - the courts will never ever order for a breastfed baby to be away from its mother so one very simple thing you can do is resolve to breastfeed for as long as possible.
He has been convicted of a violent offence so you will be likely to have a request for contact to be supervised granted.
be reasonable, cooperative, non-vindictive but fiercely protective of your children'so safety.
The courts will support your children's right to a relationship with their father. That does not mean 50% shared residency - but if you try to block all access he will end up with more than if you agree to modest supervised contact.

almosthuman Sat 02-May-15 12:07:03

Agree with Fish. Your ex's conviction and violent behaviour will not be seen in any way positive when looking at whether a court would consider 50-50 residency.

I would speak to a solicitor and also speak to a social worker for further advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now