Any single parents NOT got the.Concentrix living with someone else letter?

(34 Posts)
Itsgoingtoreindeer Mon 02-Feb-15 11:13:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Mon 02-Feb-15 11:15:35

justjuanmorebeer Mon 02-Feb-15 13:06:45

Never heard of it. Nothing here.

IneedAwittierNickname Mon 02-Feb-15 15:50:38

I've never heard of it.

KarmaNoMore Tue 03-Feb-15 08:16:47

I don't iknow if it is the same but I got a letter 3 years ago, it turned out a previous occupant of the house had forgotten to change the address of his bank account so in the records, it looked as if we were living together.
It was easy to put right, getting the call through wasn't.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Tue 03-Feb-15 09:45:02

kinkyfuckery Tue 03-Feb-15 16:45:58

Have had nothing here.

whyhasmyheadgonenumb Tue 03-Feb-15 16:47:35

Where are you? I'm in midlands and I've had nothing

meglet Fri 06-Feb-15 19:30:00

nothing here, Hampshire. Been on my own for 6yrs.

SurlyCue Fri 06-Feb-15 19:32:03

Nothing here. NI. Lone parent of 4.5 years.

meglet Fri 06-Feb-15 21:49:28

I'm amused by the fact they seem to want to prove a negative confused .

how are my bank statements going to prove I'm single and on my own on MN every evening?

it all sounds highly dodgy and with some ulterior motive knowing the tories.

muckypup1 Fri 22-May-15 23:32:27

So glad I'm not the only one who got this letter

lampshady Fri 22-May-15 23:36:40

I've been accused of being in a relationship with every male in a five mile radius, two of which I related to. I didn't send anything they requested, just said I'm happy to provide personal references. The cost of a tribunal is huge so they have to be really sure.

Obvs this isn't legal advice and may not be the best course of action.

lucsnowe Fri 22-May-15 23:39:36

I am a single parent, and have had a different letter from concentrix, saying that they think the childcare payments I claim for are wrong. I've had to produce evidence of all payments and to complete a really counter-intuitive form, all about the changes in payments during the tax year, rather than overall amount paid. It was a nightmare for me as I have three different providers. I understand they need to check claims, but the tone of the letter suggested I was a cheat and there were two threats that payments could be stopped. Scary.

FrankTurnersGuitar Fri 22-May-15 23:43:55

Not had the letter - yet! Will send a copy of Dhs death certificate

bubblewrapandwine Fri 22-May-15 23:44:01

awful, i remember reading this

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/people-in-need-at-risk-of-losing-tax-credits-after-being-wrongly-accused-of-cheating-10060745.html

TheDetective Sat 23-May-15 00:03:55

Not yet. Am expecting it coming though as I have a baby due soon. No doubt that will trigger the fuckers in to it. Even though I put my claim as a single person in 5 months ago. So after I was pregnant. And my dickhead husband fucked off.

I know I can prove my circs. But they better not even try and stop my claim in the meanwhile. angry

NoToast Sat 23-May-15 00:10:58

No I didn't get it. Cheeky fuckers think I'm past it. I got the child care one. They won't get me on that and I have an inkling which tack they'll try next. Concentrix bingo.

(And it has upset and stressed me to get the letter).

MrsNextDoor Sat 23-May-15 00:16:32

I can't believe this! Really? They have the power to stop benefits!??

how long has this been going on?

MrsNextDoor Sat 23-May-15 00:18:58

Just googled and seen a few things about it...one thing...DO watch out. Some phishers might pretend to be Concentrix...and ask for details of banks etc on email or phone...the real Concentrix will never do that.

Not that they're not utter bastards...this has made me feel quite sick.

MrsNextDoor Sat 23-May-15 00:24:14

article in the Independent

It says

Staff working at Concentrix have told The Independent that they are under pressure to open between 40 and 50 new tax-credit investigations every day and often don’t have time to check whether the allegations they are making stack up.

And

“They’re picking on vulnerable single people and making wild accusations. The onus should be on HMRC to provide proof, not claimants to be forced to prove otherwise.”

Which is absolutely right. The methods being used here by this USA company are akin to bullying. They might as well contact random people NOT in receipt of benefits and accuse them of tax fraud! And ask them to prove they're not committing it!

Ilikemashpotatoe Sun 24-May-15 02:35:41

I actually received a letter from them claiming I'm working more hours and getting more money then I'm letting on, which I thought was odd as everyone on here had been accused of living with a partner. I proved my income and have been left alone ever since but it caused a lot of effort on my part trying to find lost payslips and asking my employer to write a letter for me which I found quite embarrassing. Maybe they are working their way around different areas. From the amount of paperwork I sent I doubt they would of been able to accuse everyone at once so maybe you should expect a letter!!! Don't be worried. It's just a nuisance!

Ilikemashpotatoe Sun 24-May-15 02:37:10

I mean they wouldn't of been able to work their way around the UK all at once!

CrushedCan Mon 25-May-15 22:57:34

Seems a bit odd...even dodgy this company asks for bank statement etc....I hope it's not a scam! Unless you are getting letters from HMRC directly stating that they are using the company I wouldn't send a thing to them!

Starlightbright1 Mon 25-May-15 23:24:14

Nothing here YET

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now