AGHHH.... ex-H is such a plonker

(4 Posts)
Henbird Fri 27-Jun-14 09:14:01

I just need a rant.....! My ex-H lost his job several months ago and stopped paying maintenance (child not spousal) 3 months ago although since then has been on a 5* holiday with them. He has now restarted work but as a consultant. He has a limited company and so is paying his salary through that - although a very small salary so he doesn't have to pay as much child maintenance as when he was in full time employment. Is it me or is that just morally wrong? I realise he still has a lifestyle to fund and appearances to keep up, but really is it fair his kids are living off supermarket own brand food whilst he stocks up on Waitrose and M&S. Please tell me if I'm being unreasonable!!

17leftfeet Fri 27-Jun-14 09:20:04

You are right it's not morally right but he is acting within the law

Massive issue where the NRP is self employed

shoopshoopsong Fri 27-Jun-14 09:21:19

You're not being unreasonable. Keeping up appearances isn't a priority, supporting his children is and should come first. Have you spoken to him about it?

Henbird Fri 27-Jun-14 09:25:04

I've tried talking to him but he just says he doesn't have any money. His wife also works and has a good job, which I guess complicates matters further. Not only do they have a very comfortable lifestyle, but if he's also self-employed it looks like I'm in for a rough ride. I am thinking of going down the legal route, but looks like I probably won't have much luck. I'm all for tightening belts when times are tough but I think his belt seems to have quite a lot of slack to it!! It's actually gone past the lack of money coming in to the kids and is now more the principle of the thing. AGHHH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now