Is this fair...

(4 Posts)
buggermewhatnext Mon 14-Apr-14 19:40:25

Just wanted an outsiders perspective on this. Split up with husband about three months ago. Rocky relationship for years but always thought it would get better or we could fix it. Sadly that wasnt to be. We barely spoke to each other, slept i different rooms and I usually ended up upstairs to keep the peace. I refused to argue i front of our daughter. Anyway I left he wouldnt and I think he thought I would never go.
I ve had to rent privately we co-own our house. He stayed I have helped out with the mortgage where I could (I cant afford to but have done in case he defaulted) I paid some last month towards it then I found out he had booked a holiday!!
We have someone lined up to rent it out (hopefully) this will ease things. He is planning to stay at his mothers all fine however he has said he wont pay me anything towards our daughter as he has her two nights a week. Sometimes his mother has her once in the week. He claims that he has her as much as me and i get the tax credits and child benefit so basically I can whistle for any more. Now I am not greedy and would not request a ridiculous amount but surely this isnt fair?? He totally blames me for the split and states I have ripped his daughter away from him. What would you do?
Thanks in advance.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Mon 14-Apr-14 19:42:57

Go to csa. They will make a calculation based on his income and how many nights per week he cares for your daughter. If he refuses to pay they can take it from his wages before it gets paid to him.

cb2010 Mon 14-Apr-14 20:38:53

CSA is the only way to go, they have a calculator on their website you can enter his income (if you know it) and how much contact he has and it will give you an idea of what you should get. You could show him that before you contact CAS if you think contacting them will cause problems.

starlight1234 Tue 15-Apr-14 18:27:45

I agree Calculate his income on CSA calculator...If he doesn't want to play ball go to CSA...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now