Easter hols

(9 Posts)
Ange1972 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:19:15

Does anyone else find the holidays really difficult?

I have no money, no family, and all my friends either have husbands or partners so are off doing 'family things'.....

When my DS was small we literally used to trail the streets looking for someone for him to play with or someone for me to talk to. hmm

It's not so bad now he's a bit older but all this week he's had nobody to play out with as they're all off on says out or away on holiday. I'm getting over an illness so whereas we'd go for a walk, that's not been possible. I know we can do things like bake, crafts etc but even that becomes tedious after a while.....

FloozeyLoozey Fri 11-Apr-14 18:20:36

I hear you op. similar situ.

Ange1972 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:47:00

It's so hard hmm

Youdontneedacriminallawyer Fri 11-Apr-14 18:55:21

Can you have a holiday at home? Have a themed couple of days and watch films set in a particular country, eat food from that country, learn some of the language from that country etc. It might be a bit of fun.

Ange1972 Fri 11-Apr-14 19:13:29

Thankyou that's a lovely idea but have about £30 to last till end of the month..... May well try that in the next hols tho when I have a bit more cash?

I think I'm just feeling proper sorry fir myself I've done all these things for 8 years, it drains me as every year nothing gets easier! X

Same situation here OP. Felt very sorry for myself today, my DC's are 11 and 15. DS is not interested in doing anything with us now anyhow sad Dreading Easter weekend!

Ange1972 Fri 11-Apr-14 19:34:03

Me too..... It's like Christmas..... A 'family' timesad

HereInMyHead Sun 13-Apr-14 21:21:55

I completely get where you're coming from... In my experience although some families may be on hols, others are not and they might be up for play dates etc.

HereInMyHead Sun 13-Apr-14 21:22:45

Or just lose the guilt and put the telly on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now