Bored out my head

(6 Posts)
mich11 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:43:13

I am a single mother with a 2 year old. I have been doing the same routine everyday. Clean, cook etc. I hate waking up in the morning. I have no friends, family or support. I have tried all the baby groups but for 2 Yeats I still end up sitting on my own. I have nothing to look forward. 2. Weekends mean nothing to me. I am unable to go back to work because of child care. I seriously need some mental stimulation and adult company. Any suggestions please? Thank you

GiveTwoSheets Mon 31-Mar-14 20:49:55

Does your sure start run any groups ours run courses over a few weeks they have free crèche for little ones, I'm doing one at moment its only for 2hrs week but have started to get to know few people that way. I hated the usual baby groups.

Am in same boat regards to weekend and having no family local.

Also have to put your little one down for playgroup/child minders as you be entitled to 2year funding.

GiveTwoSheets Mon 31-Mar-14 20:51:10

Meant Have you - not have to

Sorry typos

mich11 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:54:05

Thanks I will check the sure start site out x

mummyOF4darlings Tue 01-Apr-14 16:08:12

I know how you feel, soon as my youngests went nursery i got a part time job hated been stuck at home and my friends were all a waste of space alays letting me down etc. I would spend alot of my days at toing and throwing from my 2 local children centres (was lucky enough to live on the border post code to 2), also ent to various play groups at community centres and churches but tbh i felt very isolated at those places the other mums were alot more cliquey than at the children centre.
Wherever possible i signed upto adult learning courses where crechs were available just for the little break id get out of it and wen my eldest started school they ran certain courses for parents with creches that i took part in a couple of times.

The other thing i did (not sure if i can mention it) i went on another site that arrange local meet ups and i met a few mums that way and friends with a few now also helped me meet a couple of mums in the area aswell and kids go same school so its quite nice invite 1 lady round after the nursery drop off for coffee quite often.

It is horrible glad min are getting older now x

Maybe put something on Mumsnet Local board. Quite possibly someone else in the area who is in a similar position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now