Soon to be single mum

(4 Posts)
Tropicalchancer Fri 28-Mar-14 10:02:54

So after 2 years of heartache dh is now flat hunting, this means that very soon I will be a single mum. I am relieved and sad all at once-this was my instigation.
My question is how do I go about sorting myself out financially? I work full time but as a barber earn very little-I have 3 kids and I know dj will always be there financial for then with CSA etc.
I've never claimed benefits before and have nonidea how to go about it-I know I'm eligible for tax credits and childcare costs but I guess I just need a bit of advice on where to start with all this. Thankyou xxx

foolonthehill Fri 28-Mar-14 13:51:43

Start here and you will get a view on what is available to you :www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

good luck

excitedmummytobe Fri 28-Mar-14 16:07:14

I suggest a trip to the citizens advice bureau, they are free and they are in most towns. They will be able to run through exactly what your entitled to and how to go about it smile

Monetbyhimself Fri 28-Mar-14 18:46:15

If you ring the tax credits office directly they will be able to talk you through the process. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now