Professional seeing son at ex's request. Who might she be?

(9 Posts)
tiredandsadmum Tue 25-Mar-14 12:06:01

I was told by my DC that kept off school yesterday to meet a person at ex's home. Person asked questions about what home DC would prefer to live in. Also did spellings.

Does anyone have any idea what type of professional this could be? I have requested full details to be sent to me.

(Ex is angling for residency, he currently has a lot of contact through informal arrangement, which does happen).

Stars66 Tue 25-Mar-14 15:49:31

CAFCAS / social worker? I would of thought that if there is a question over who child lives with, then they need to include you, and assess you.

tiredandsadmum Tue 25-Mar-14 16:33:19

thanks Stars - that was my suspicion. We have only just completed CAF form , so the help from that has yet to even be agreed.

Needadvice5 Tue 25-Mar-14 16:40:47

Are you able to ask your ex? Did he keep Dc off school for this purpose? If so I wouldn't be happy!

tiredandsadmum Tue 25-Mar-14 17:27:54

This is a pattern of ex arranging professional appts without consultation with me. So today my solicitor has sent a strongly worded letter (worded by me but she has added in the legal bits!). And yes DC was kept off school until after lunch. DC knows something is up and has been really touchy about it - is very loyal to dad. Shouldn't be put in that position sad

NeedsAsockamnesty Tue 25-Mar-14 17:57:19

I would guess social worker,because anything court wise would usually only be instigated by court application and you would know about that unless it was an emergency

FrogbyAnotherName Tue 25-Mar-14 18:31:58

It's not hard to appoint a private child psychologist/therapist - but, my understanding is that courts frown upon one parent doing that for the purposes of using the findings in court (in fact, I'm not sure it's allowed) Maybe ask on legal?

ElBumpo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:26:08

That's my understanding too, Frog. Agree that it wouldn't be CAFCASS and tbh I wouldn't be happy about anyone asking my child where he/she would prefer to live!

Can school advise why your DC was taken out of school?

tiredandsadmum Tue 25-Mar-14 19:35:11

Thank you for your thoughts. I've stayed away from asking dc any (too many) questions as clearly uncomfortable about it. DC prefers to be with dad as I am much stricter and set boundaries, so obviously I am very concerned what DC might want sad

I feel quite sorry for school - they are aware of the ongoing issues and they have been very supportive, including suggesting the CAF. Ex and I have had to agree on the final form and hopefully DC will be getting some good support soon. I will see if I can find out the reason discretely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now