Single parent of nearly 3yrs

(8 Posts)
Sunflow3r Wed 02-Apr-14 20:42:08

Thank all you all for your ideas.

Probablyparanoid let me know how you get on with the local meetups it is daunting I will look into smile

probablyparanoid Fri 28-Mar-14 23:03:01

Hi - I have not started on this yet - but I liked the idea of trying to find some like minded people through 'meet up'. This is a web site developed to enable groups of people with a common interest (like yoga or going to the theatre ) to meet up and do things together . You will find it on the internet. I am plucking up the courage of going along and expanding my social circle.

mummyOF4darlings Wed 26-Mar-14 22:12:37

I know how you feel im bit short of good local frieds so was often home alone although i love the odd night to myself weekends were getting very tedious. Started working p/t at a pub so now ive got a job and kind of a social life at same time try to work most my hours over the weekends while dont have to worry about childcare x

ShineyBlackShoes Wed 26-Mar-14 20:47:29

13 years for me: you get used to being alone. I quite like it most of the time. Not sure I'd know how to be if someone came along.

Msfreemama Tue 25-Mar-14 15:34:31

2 and a half years here, and totally hearing what you're saying. I'm doing a uni course which I study for in the evenings, work PT during the day. I think having some sort of project helps? I haven't dipped my toe in the dating pond yet, it doesn't sound very straightforward!

Meglet Tue 25-Mar-14 07:43:27

5yrs here, I work p/t and the dc's have never seen XP. Evenings are a struggle.

I've started OU which I put off until silly o'clock. If you don't have a degree you might be able to try an free Openings course which usually takes 4 months. To be honest I'd rather watch the kardashians and get an early night but I don't want my brain stagnating.

Foxy800 Tue 25-Mar-14 07:33:46

Know exactly what you mean, have been single for nearly 3 years too, dd's dad rarely sees her but when he does I feel lost and in the evenings I feel extremely lonely, I am currently doing an open uni course which makes it a little less lonely. I also work when dd is at school.

I also tried the online dating but it wasnt for me either.

Sorry not much help but wanted to let u know you are not alone.x

Sunflow3r Mon 24-Mar-14 20:26:07

Hi I have 2 kids 9yrs & 4yrs.
I work P-T & I have been divorced for nearly 3 years.
Does anyone feel lost in the evenings when the kids are in bed or lost when they are on a sleep over with their dad.

Most friends are busy with their own families . Or friends you knew when you were married do not keep in touch for Saturday nights out. I have been doing yoga which helps but it would be nice to speak to other people rather than kid conversation.

Tried online dating in August last year but that's another kettle of fish didn't work out. Does anyone have any ideas or advise to keep sane, while trying to be positive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now