Holiday with a toddler?

(8 Posts)
justhayley Wed 26-Mar-14 21:30:17

Thank you all.
Looks like abroad is out. Had a few complications last week so have decided I would be petrified if something went wrong and I was alone abroad hmm
So now looking at UK breakssad.

That Butlins thing looks like heaven for my son, not quite what I'm after but may go for him & then somewhere else for me.

Lots of uk ideas needed please xx

Queenofthedrivensnow Fri 21-Mar-14 11:30:24

Haven holiday! I do 3/4 night breaks with them in static caravans. It normally costs about £100 and my dc (4 and 1) think it's amazing. Very family friendly and we just play in the fun pool and watch the cheesy shows. My kids love it and it's very easy even just because the caravans are small and not full of hazards grin

Aloneandnowwhat Thu 20-Mar-14 19:13:31

I don't know if you'll think it's cheesy but I've just booked a midweek break to butlins. They are doing breaks aimed at toddlers with activities and characters aimed at them.

cestlavielife Thu 20-Mar-14 12:27:36

are you used to going abroadd ? if so then it s fine.
if not then go somwhere in uk. somewhere witha warm indoor pool.
center parcs in term time price is not too bad.

queenofthepirates Thu 20-Mar-14 00:26:40

I've been away lots with my 2yo DD. We've mainly done apartments through homeaway.co.uk because they are cheap and usually good quality. It also means I can stay up reading or watching TV in the living room whilst DD sleeps in the evenings.

We've done New York, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Italy and France together and had a whale of a time.

I pack light so I'm not struggling with bags as she heads off, have a plan to get from airport to apartment on arrival and bring food for the journey, lots of it, to stave off boredom for her. I try to chat to other people so we have company whilst we're away and always plan for delays otherwise it's a pain to have to amuse a toddler with no tricks!

Hope that helps, have a fab time xxx

justhayley Wed 19-Mar-14 23:40:31

I'm Hertfordshire.
Havnt really got anyone to go & stay with to be honest sad

Tbh with the pregnancy id go for UK just for peace of mind. Where are you based (so I can offer reasonably practical suggestions)?

What about going away to stay with a friend or family.member - bit of a change of scenery. Help with ds. Someone to have a chat to in the evening.

justhayley Wed 19-Mar-14 23:34:53

Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me posting here - I'm not officially a single mum (although the way things are going it might not be long until I am).
My "partner" is in the Army - lives away from me & isn't really around much.

I'm thinking of going away just me & my almost 2 year old(also 20 weeks pregnant) for 4 nights to Spain or Portugal.
DS has never been abroad and I'm really nervous & wonder if it is really extra hard being abroad alone with a toddler.

I'm hating my situation at the moment & am really not enjoying life. Was so happy to be pregnant again (planned pregnancy) but something has changed in the last 2 months or so with DP & I have a feeling (not based on anything) that he's cheating on me.

Just desperate for a change of scenery for a few days to clear my head.

Any recommendations of anywhere CHEAP family friendly not far from uk that I could go, be safe if anything happened with pregnancy & that I wouldn't feel totally lost being alone.

Am I silly going away alone with a toddler whilst pregnant?

Anything I need to think about?

If Abroad is a bad idea any recommendations for UK breaks. I don't drive, so need to be able to get a train there in a few hours, & get around in foot when there.

Thanks
Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now