i need some advice about my new relationship and my daughter

(86 Posts)
lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 14:33:32

can any one give me some advice about my new relationship. do you think it was too early for my boyfriend to meet my daughter only after a month. my daughter loves him. and her dad did the same. so im confused her dad cant say nothing as he did the same. but i would like someones views on it. no negative comments please

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 10-Dec-13 20:51:38

Op, your DD meeting your BF after a matter of weeks is too soon.

But you say that she has only met him once in town and he's played with her one time. She doesn't love him. He doesn't love her. The best thing to do is not invite him round again when she is there. Give it at least 3 or 4 months and then re-introduce him slowly. Say once every 4-6 weeks until you have been together for much longer.

Do not risk your DD's happiness and stability. Back off and take it slow.

theendoftheendoftheend Tue 10-Dec-13 20:46:55

I think if you've known this guy for a year and he has only met your dd as one of your friends, its no big deal. Just keep it as that for a few months and see how it goes.

lunar1 Tue 10-Dec-13 20:43:06

What did you want people to say?

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 20:40:26

I had one relationship after my dds dad and he did threaten him that was 4 years ago

sutekidane Tue 10-Dec-13 19:51:19

I think this is all a bit of a bollocks thread really. The other thread says you have had relationships since your ex as he threatened one of them. It also says your ex was with his gf for months before she met your dd not weeks.

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. smile

KingRollo Tue 10-Dec-13 19:48:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:48:42

I dont anyway.

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:46:21

This was a while ago now.

JanineStHubbins Tue 10-Dec-13 19:44:54

Well that's not what you posted on your other thread, I'm afraid. It has suddenly gone from 'under a year' to four weeks.

You can't ask for advice but stipulate no negative comments, especially since you interpret not agreeing with you=negative.
You made a bad decision. It was wrong of you. That's my opinion. Don't engage with your dd if she asks about him, play it down, don't be physically affectionate with him in front of her if you happen to bump I to him in town, that's my advice.

sutekidane Tue 10-Dec-13 19:43:25

Oh. My. God.

That's the point, you donut!

Why did you have a problem when he did it but when you do it, it's okay?

KingRollo Tue 10-Dec-13 19:42:56

KingRollo Tue 10-Dec-13 19:41:54

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:41:54

They were together the same amount of time me and my new boyfriend has been together when he did it.

KingRollo Tue 10-Dec-13 19:41:39

sutekidane Tue 10-Dec-13 19:41:36

You moaned when your ex introduced his girlfriend to your dd when he'd only been with her a few months.
Now you are introducing your boyfriend four weeks after getting with him.

When he did it, you thought it was too early.
When you did it, you think it's not too early.

It's just a bit odd really.

JanineStHubbins Tue 10-Dec-13 19:40:00

OP, she means that ironically, given that you raged about your ex introducing your dd to his girlfriend when they had been together for 'under a year', you seem to think that introducing your dd to your boyfriend after four weeks is perfectly acceptable. There is a contradiction there, don't you see?

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:38:32

And no I dont I just wanted abit of advice and peoples views not negative comments against me. Like you said what is done is done!.

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:36:53

What you mean and yes I did. And I spoke to his family about that. Ive always said If my ex wants to meet my new boyfriend he is more than welcome too. But the only reply I got was they dont care what I do and they wouldn't want to meet him!. What do you mean its not to early at all??

sutekidane Tue 10-Dec-13 19:35:05

Now it's you*

OddFodd Tue 10-Dec-13 19:35:01

What a pointless thread. You don't want advice, you want affirmation (which means you want to be told that you're absolutely in the right).

In future, I'd wait but what's done is done.

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:34:43

My exs family and himself said they dont care and dont want to meet any partner I have

sutekidane Tue 10-Dec-13 19:34:37

Calm down. I don't know the ins and outs of your life. All I know is you started a raging thread when he introduced a woman to your dd too early but it's you, it's not too early at all.

JanineStHubbins Tue 10-Dec-13 19:32:57

Are you going to introduce your new boyfriend to your ex, OP?

lilworthy Tue 10-Dec-13 19:32:50

I do not have any contact with my dds dad!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now