Does anyone want to play single parent secret Santa with me?

(11 Posts)
Rabbitytatttatt Sun 01-Dec-13 16:55:33

So following on from the lone p Christmas present thread. I've been thinking about how in the last four years I haven't opened one surprise present. My parents send me money which I usually use on the dc 's.

So how about this. If you are in, you PM me with your name and address and if there are a few of us we divvy up the list and each of us spends £5 on a lp from the list and you get a pressie for £5 too.

What so you think?!

TeaAndCakeOrDeath Sun 01-Dec-13 17:08:09

I think this is a great idea, how nice to get a surprise gift!

Umpire Sun 01-Dec-13 17:09:58

I have too many relatives to buy for but dont forget to put out a stocking for yourselves!!!
Mine will have a few lovely treats in it.
Stuff i WANT

notthefirstagainstthewall Sun 01-Dec-13 17:17:05

I have spare "girly " gifts that I have no one I can give to.I will happily do a surprise gift for a single mother in need of present pick me up. I don't need one back as I will be having plenty of people over this Christmas.

It won't be a scarf, LED finger lights or watch ring though

Rabbitytatttatt Sun 01-Dec-13 21:01:59

Lets give a deadline of Friday... If it's just you and me tea then I will PM you x

ProtectiveMother Sun 01-Dec-13 21:06:49

Me too ! :-)

ProtectiveMother Sun 01-Dec-13 21:09:36

I don't mean to be awkward but how do we know what kind of stuff the person we're buying for is going to like? ;-) Maybe we should put down some no-nos like if someone has an aversion to chocolate or whatever...

MuffCakes Sun 01-Dec-13 21:11:21

I'm in, five pound present sounds great. Can't be to heavy or
Postage will cost more then the present.

Rabbitytatttatt Sun 01-Dec-13 21:14:21

Ok any allergies or absolute no-no's pls let me know.

ProtectiveMother Sun 01-Dec-13 22:43:43

I am allergic to anything with perfume or wool. I'm gluten intolerant and I don't really eat sugar so I'm the worst person to buy a Christmas gift for. I'd better not take part! ;-)

TeaAndCakeOrDeath Sun 01-Dec-13 23:18:54

Im not a single parent so don't feel I should play really but would like to send something out to someone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now