Bit of fun - new man maybe!!

(8 Posts)
Lizyloured Fri 22-Nov-13 18:53:46

OMG I may have met a new man - friend of friend, have all been out and both very flirty, I'm so nervous - have had 2 kids and things ain't what they used to be! Anyway - feel like a teenager and without being too rude I just want to jump on him lol - help!! Haven't been with a different man for 9 years xxx

Merel Sat 23-Nov-13 00:09:00

Pleased for you! Hope you have some fun, sounds like it's overdue! Only advice I can think of at the moment is make sure you don't come across as too keen, as it can scare them off a bit. Sounds so cliched, but people do like a bit of a chase. Doesn't have to mean you are aloof, just don't go handing everything on a plate. But above all, do enjoy yourself smile

TwoStepsBeyond Sat 23-Nov-13 00:36:07

Agree, don't play games, but do keep a little bit of yourself back. Everyone I know who has got excited about a new man (myself included) has got carried away with the excitement and then been baffled when he has a wobble and backs off.

In all of these cases he has then come to his senses and certainly in my case it has gone on to become a proper relationship, but just be aware of 'the wobble', be prepared, don't invest too much hope and energy just in case, but most of all...enjoy!

ProtectiveMother Sat 23-Nov-13 00:37:59

I think the last poster's advice is kind of contradictory! I would say remember your self-worth. Don't jump in too soon. Make sure he's good enough for you :-)

ProtectiveMother Sat 23-Nov-13 00:40:11

Sorry I meant Merel's advice.

Don't worry. I'm sure you haven't forgotten too much. :-)

ProtectiveMother Sat 23-Nov-13 00:43:15

Tell us all about him anyway so that we (I) I can live vicariously through your new romance ;-)

Merel Sat 23-Nov-13 00:47:39

I didn't mean to be contradictory. A new love/fling is very exciting and can really put a spring in your step, and you should enjoy that feeling. I suppose the key is to keep a level head somewhat and not get carried away and fall too deeply or give too much of yourself early on (until a time you know it is real and he is worth the investment).

ProtectiveMother Sat 23-Nov-13 18:21:44

V true Merel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now