Ex has decided he now wants kids every other weekend, how will this work out? Views please

(5 Posts)
Mumof3girlys Sun 17-Nov-13 21:20:08

Ok so split with ex husband 5 years go, first year he really messed kids around, second 2 years had nothing to do with them then last 18 months or so had been seeing regularly and having every other Saturday 10am (overnight) until 11am Sunday and the alternate week Sunday day 11-6pm this has all been decided by him I suggested when we first spilt having every other weekend but he wouldn't have it!

This evening out the blue he had texted asking about every other weekend Friday eve until Sunday eve as it will mean him and his wife and me will have more time with the children.

Now I have no problems really with this can't see will be much different, my DP has a child he has every Saturday day time and alternate Friday nights so would prob be nice if I could fit it in to these weekends so we have all kids together as they get along great!

Just wanted someone else's views or experiance, part of me things it's to long for the dd's to go between seeing there dad

Chocberry Sun 17-Nov-13 23:25:49

I have the exact same arrangement with my ex. It does seem like a long time between visits but the days go fast and I let dc know they can call ex whenever they like.
I like having a whole weekend with them.

starlight1234 Mon 18-Nov-13 14:00:01

How old are children? My son when he was 2 used to see his Dad every two weeks for 2 hours but seemed to understand...It may work better as they don't have to squeeze everything in to get back in time....

Could he / would he also maybe have them one evening afterschool to break time up?

Mumof3girlys Wed 20-Nov-13 23:41:33

Thanks for replies, children are 6/8/10 they never speak to him on the phone between visits as his new wife forbids him to have and contact with me so not allowed to answer phone text etc!

More I think about it the more it might work better, we really don't get quality time at weekends together

balia Thu 21-Nov-13 21:17:16

Yes I'd go for it, much more sensible to have quality time at weekends. Don't be too openly enthusiastic, though, he might change his mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now