Why is previously uninterested exH now wanting 50:50?

(12 Posts)
Mumpire Fri 01-Nov-13 19:53:52

armoury?! blush whaaat

Mumpire Fri 01-Nov-13 19:53:20

Good. You sound ready for battle. If you pull all your armoury out of the bag for the court case then it sends a message that you won't be a little doormat they can trample on for the next twenty years. important message and I was slow sending it. I copped on finally.

KingRollo Thu 31-Oct-13 13:09:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DontmindifIdo Thu 31-Oct-13 09:56:58

I remember you too. Would he rope in your PIL to do care when he's working in the evenings?

go to court, don't try to negoatiate reasonably with him, it's not going to work with a man like that. The way he treated you, parading his OW in front of you and family, he doesn't actually care about other people's feelings does he? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't really care about your DD other than a possession.

Not sure how things work in Germany, get legal advise ASAP.

WaitMonkey Thu 31-Oct-13 09:49:09

Oh, I remember you. Glad life has bitten him on the bum. Try not to worry, he couldn't cope with 50:50. Take care.thanks

SleepyFish Wed 30-Oct-13 19:43:43

Oh are you in Germany? I remember your thread, well if it's the one I'm thinking of
Not sure what kind of childcare would cover those hours other than a live in nanny and I'm pretty sure courts would think that being with a parent is preferable to that. Honestly it all sounds like hot air. My guess is he won't pursue this. Not sure what you can do about maintenance, no idea how it works elsewhere, sorry.

Mumpire Wed 30-Oct-13 19:18:49

oh I remember you. Glad the waitress dumped him. wine

Mumpire Wed 30-Oct-13 19:17:06

So that he can get half of the children's benefit and not have to pay you maintenance?

KingRollo Wed 30-Oct-13 19:15:19

KingRollo Wed 30-Oct-13 19:13:46

SleepyFish Wed 30-Oct-13 18:58:15

Yeah in theory 50:50 would mean he wouldn't have to pay maintenance. But I wouldn't worry, with those working hours it won't be possible and does'nt sound like he'd cope even if he worked normal hours.
I doubt any court would enforce it with a breastfeeding baby. Keep all correspondence from him, log contact etc in case he does take it further though that sounds unlikely, he's just being a wanker.
Oh and call CSA now, with those working hours you're probably looking at a decent amount of maintenance, though it'll probably take a while to get it. My ex waited until he was threatened with court action before stumping up, the CSA said that's pretty usual

KingRollo Wed 30-Oct-13 18:42:20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now