Divorce or not?

(4 Posts)
Sasquatch75 Sun 29-Sep-13 09:38:38

Obviously I will eventually, but what I want to know is, will anything be affected if I don't bother for a while? It's turned out that ex left me for ow (finally admitted it 7 weeks after leaving).

Atm I just feel exhausted and drained... And also part of me thinks if he wants a divorce then he can initiate proceedings. I've had to sort out everything so far. But is this the right thing to do for me and the DCs?

catadeli Mon 30-Sep-13 08:19:50

I don't think you need to rush it you may come to a point when you are ready to do it and want to do it as part of the healing process but what I would say is go get some free legal advice on the matter now so you have the information to protect yourself.

Sasquatch75 Tue 01-Oct-13 16:46:55

Thanks smile My friend has given me the number of a local solicitor she's friends with! She said if I phone her, I can ask as many questions as I like and it'll be free! So I'm making a list tonight smile

starlight1234 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:41:44

I wasn't bothered initially but I did want to divorce Ex on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour ..It changes nothing but meant a lot to me so I started the process

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now