What shall we buy ourselves for Christmas then?

(53 Posts)
Sparklysilversequins Fri 27-Sep-13 14:44:23

I haven't had a Christmas present in years. Even when ex was here he never bothered so this year I will be purchasing the new Bill Brysonbook and a perfume of my choice, probably this one.

Anyone else? smile

aliciaflorrick Sat 28-Sep-13 21:41:15

Well I would like an Ipad, but I can't afford one, so I'm not sure what I want for Christmas. I may treat myself to a pair of nice boots, that will be a big box under the tree.

Sparklysilversequins Sat 28-Sep-13 21:59:52

Let's wrap them up and everything. I think it's a good message to send, to dc and yourself, that you value yourself.

Sasquatch75 Sat 28-Sep-13 22:14:38

Yes, def wrap them. With a big sparkly bow smile

Ooh I can't wait! 12.5 weeks and counting, lol

ProtectiveMother Sat 28-Sep-13 23:56:18

Rita Fajita good idea!

CatelynStark Sun 29-Sep-13 00:02:07

Lovely thread! I bought myself the QVC L'Occitane Almond Oil tsv last night so I've got something lovely to open on Christmas Day. Can't wait! smile

I've also got my eye on a Vapour Couture Deluxe sparky pink ecig kit but I'll have to save up a bit.

ProtectiveMother Sun 29-Sep-13 00:04:37

Firstly, I am RUBBISH at actually keeping things I buy for myself until Christmas Day. It's so hard! How do you all do it? I think I'll buy myself a luxury towel dressing gown. It must be VERY soft. Now how am I going to wait til Christmas Day to use that?!? And the hair colour idea is brilliant. Can have a voucher in stocking & get it done for the new year :-) I will also be getting some chocolate liqueurs I do think! I don't drink much at all but I think alcohol in chocolate is somehow right. :-)

Ps. It's Santa that will be bringing me these things, not me! ;-)

Sparklysilversequins Sun 29-Sep-13 00:36:58

I really like those necklaces shelbot. I am tempted I must say.

farrowandbawl Sun 29-Sep-13 08:35:29

Those are all great ideas.

The pp who wanted a dressing gown, I think I got mine from Debenhams..a proper, thick, white, fluffy thing and it washed really well and is still fluffy, not shop fluffy, but still nice and fluffy.

ProtectiveMother Sun 29-Sep-13 09:39:40

I'll have to look in Debenhams. Looking for a soft towel one to replace my M&S fleece-esque one

farrowandbawl Sun 29-Sep-13 10:48:47

Try House of Fraiser too...I paid about £35 for mine so it was a lot but it's been worth it so far. I'd live in it if I could.

ProtectiveMother Sun 29-Sep-13 11:29:35

I actually bought one online for about £30 already. Just doesn't feel that thick or soft. Don't know if I should try to sell it on eBay or send it back- postage £8!

TwoStepsBeyond Sun 29-Sep-13 12:22:48

and write a lovely card too, saying how much you value your support throughout the year and that you deserve a lovely present!

I did this when I was still with stbxh. He'd bought himself an expensive present in November rather than wait until Xmas so that I could buy it for him, he then told me not to go food shopping as we didn't have enough money until he got paid angry

The minute he got paid I bought myself a (half price) camera and wrote myself a card saying that I deserved it for all my hard work and that I hoped I would use it to take lots of lovely photos of my beautiful DCs.

DCs thought I was mad, XH was thoroughly confused but for once in my life I felt a little bit cherished and very kind all at the same time!

RedBushedT Sun 29-Sep-13 15:58:31

I'll need to buy myself something small that I can wrap up too! I love idea of sending myself a card too. Great ideas everyone smile

chocolatespiders Sun 29-Sep-13 17:42:41

Shellbot. I like the necklace you posted but was there another one (both links the same)

Lat year I was looking at the finger print necklaces but I really like the ones you have posted and they are cheaper than finger print ones.. I may just do it.. makes me itchy spending the money I earn on me but really would love something like this.

ProtectiveMother Mon 30-Sep-13 01:01:01

Two steps beyond I like this! If noone else is going to show you love and appreciation... :-)

ItsDecisionTime Mon 30-Sep-13 01:45:43

My DD decided WE should buy ourselves an iPhone 5S. Mmmmm.

catadeli Mon 30-Sep-13 22:38:05

I will buy some music for me something I like not one direction for the dc something I want to listen to but I don't know whar yet

holstenlips Mon 30-Sep-13 22:41:00

Some lovely boots..maybe some biker ones. And a new nightie!

piratecat Mon 30-Sep-13 22:44:45

i got myself a ring for my third finger on right hand from dd last mothers day, from dd of course ;), it's secondhand, but lovely, unique even.

this year i really want a necklace. deffo wrap it up, well give it to dd to do and she gives to me.

Sparklysilversequins Mon 30-Sep-13 22:48:20

I've changed mine and getting the necklace linked to earlier with dc's name on.

Divinity Mon 30-Sep-13 23:39:02

I've got myself a DVD boxset. I like the handbag idea as my handbags are all hand-me-downs and cheapest possible.

farrowandbawl Tue 01-Oct-13 10:34:58

ok, after yet another morning of doing the bloody washing up because I didn't get time to do it lastnight...it's now a toss up between:

Saving up for a really nice ring
or
Saving up for a DISHWASHER!

I'm more and more tempted by the dishwasher every day.

TwoStepsBeyond Tue 01-Oct-13 10:55:27

Get a really nice but inexpensive ring and a dishwasher!

farrowandbawl Tue 01-Oct-13 11:27:55

grin

aliciaflorrick Tue 01-Oct-13 11:45:07

I need a new dishwasher too as mine broke down last year, but the washing machine broke down in August so I've had to save my pennies to replace that.

I would like a lottery win for Christmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now