Stick Man

(13 Posts)
fijamez Fri 20-Sep-13 22:44:31

No matter what by Debbie gilorie has 1 parent family (gender not specified) & guess how much I love you + lots more ...

yetanotherstatistic Fri 20-Sep-13 19:48:10

Hi ProtectiveMother. I would think the best Daisy books for your son would be "006 and a half", "You do" and "Eat your peas". He might think "Yuk" is a bit girly.

Be prepared with 006 to find yourself pretending to be a spy and speaking spy language...grin

ArabellaBeaumaris Fri 20-Sep-13 17:03:32

Sorry I couldn't say, we have had several home from the library so not really familiar enough with them!

ProtectiveMother Tue 17-Sep-13 14:04:49

Thanks for all the suggestions. Arabella what are the best Daisy books? My son is a newly independent reader & they might be great! The trouble with zoos looks good?

ArabellaBeaumaris Mon 16-Sep-13 22:43:14

Bartholomew & George (be Gentle) have an unclear relationship just the two of them.

foolonthehill Mon 16-Sep-13 22:42:47

Little nut Brown hare is being raised by a single dad too.

ArabellaBeaumaris Mon 16-Sep-13 22:42:33

I'm racking my brains but I can't think of a book that is about being happy in a one parent family, the ones I can think of eg Daisy above the family makeup is incidental to the story.

foolonthehill Mon 16-Sep-13 22:41:33

Ollie the duckling has no parents at all sad just Gossie and Gertie and a mouse.

ArabellaBeaumaris Mon 16-Sep-13 22:41:18

The Daisy series by nick sharrat only has a mum (at least all the ones I've read).

kangarooshoes Mon 16-Sep-13 22:39:23

The Gruffalo has a single dad, they appear happy.

IneedAyoniNickname Mon 16-Sep-13 19:15:20

We love stick man in this house, and I've never thougt of it that way!

foolonthehill Mon 16-Sep-13 19:07:46

don't ever ever let your children watch the parent trap...........

ProtectiveMother Mon 16-Sep-13 13:24:40

Ah! A lovely idea by me to buy Stick Man for my daughter's birthday as it was apparently her favourite book at Playgroup last year...

Em... It arrived this morning and I just read it for the first time.

So Daddy stick is gone and the children and Mummy are sad but then at the end he comes home to the family tree! Hooray!

Now where are all the books about 1 parent families being happy without the Daddy? No I didn't think there were any!

If anybody knows any good ones, I'm all ears!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now