Right! Where do we find nice single men?!?!

(193 Posts)
SnoopyLovesYou Sun 28-Jul-13 16:03:34

Ok everybody! Where do us single parents meet attractive, nice, single men?

The local gym/ swimming pool?

Online dating?

Clubs & pubs?

Sports clubs?

Evening classes?

I know I've previously said Im happy being single and I am but I'm also young and red blooded and in need of male attention atm!

If we put our heads together, we might be able to find one or two between us?

;-)

Foxy800 Thu 15-Aug-13 08:28:04

Ive given up with the dating sites!!!

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Thu 15-Aug-13 10:04:46

See when you are out and you see someone you may like, you strike up a convo or not but online dating you talk, the picture looks okay, then you meet and it's 'oh nooooo', too much effort, the nice guy asked me for a naked pic approx 4 hours after typing he 'seemed nice' hmm

SnoopyLovesYou Thu 15-Aug-13 10:20:21

Haha! The naked pic! Christ Jesus I'm so glad I'm not putting up with that crap anymore! So tiresome! What a bunch of sexist idiots! I can't believe I thought that I could find someone decent on there. Maybe some people can but for me it was like the above experience- meeting up with people a little excited only to see them and have my heart sink with hopeless disappointment and then having to endure a sometimes very awkward/unpleasant coffee. Yuck!

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Thu 15-Aug-13 12:36:00

That's it exactly Snoopy, I always thought it was photographs of people made people look bad and they would look better in RL, online dating proved me wrong, I'm going to start hanging around Costa Coffee at the weekends for hours if necessary

TwoStepsBeyond Thu 15-Aug-13 15:23:35

Good idea Wimpy, although you'll probably just catch all the disappointed online daters in Costa who have met for coffee only to find that their date looks nothing like their photo!

It's not just the blokes you know, all the guys I met had horror stories of their previous dates too (except one who was a dating virgin!) My DP actually didn't have great photos and turned out to be better looking than he appeared online - you could always try that approach? Choose someone whose photos don't do them any favours and be pleasantly surprised!

SnoopyLovesYou Thu 15-Aug-13 18:25:19

Oh yeah some of the women are no doubt queer specimens too but the guys are not so subject to the horrible sexism that goes on. 'Nuff said!

Yes it's a café for me too! To... ahem... read my book and the gym/pool to get fit of course. In my sexy purpose-bought outfits ;-)

SnoopyLovesYou Thu 15-Aug-13 19:37:00

Oh! Does this mean I'll have to train myself in gymspeak? Like the... erm... muscle groups that I am targeting and that kind of thing? ;-)

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 08:28:04

Still haven't got to the gym yet smile

Today, when my ex has the kids I will be swanning around some likely cafés, book in hand. More relaxing than shopping, no?

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 09:55:36

What does one even WEAR when one is perusing ones book nonchalantly in a café? Anyone? ;-)

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 10:49:43

Hmm let's see... First I'll try a cafe that's attached to a well known bookshop...

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 11:13:39

Ok well that cafe was just full of kids. And families!

Next stop one of my fave cafés. Going to kick back and enjoy my day off. There is 0% chance any men will come to this cafe. Any hints? Anyone do this with success? Does anyone actually know anyone who met their woman/man in a cafe? Lol

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sat 17-Aug-13 14:23:43

Sorry never had luck in a Cafe, I did in a Weatherspoons though? grin

We are to have another heat wave next week apparently so maybe hang around the beach? If you have a beach?

fijamez Sat 17-Aug-13 16:56:22

Can I ask how anyone manages dating (once you hsve met someone!) when you are the sole parent (no ex to take ds for the odd day/ night).

Ds now 3 and thinking about trying to get back in the game but practicalities seem a bit daunting

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sat 17-Aug-13 17:06:07

I have the same situation Fi I thankfully have my parents and stbxinlaws to take mine every few weeks.

Having a 3 yr old you could put her to bed and have a night in but in the dating world these days a dvd actually means less cosying up in front of dvd and more getting mauled in my dating world, one guy was okay....it is difficult, I was asked out tonight but have the dc, so its a no no, my dc are 9 and 13 so its not an option for me to have any men visiting me here.

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 19:57:26

Babysitters are the key for going on dates. Then once you know someone is ok, you can invite them to yours for dates I suppose. This is all in theory as I'm extremely fussy!!

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 20:47:24

As for my cafe experience today, in the cafe I was in (I only had coffee in one and then got distracted by the shops) there was a guy who purposefully came and sat in the seat beside me to eat his lunch. He caught me by surprise and tried to make eye contact with me but I had already written off the man-finding expedition and was enjoying my book and didnt fancy the effort of a conversation with a stranger. I'm not very good at this! Ah well it was my first attempt!

SnoopyLovesYou Sat 17-Aug-13 20:48:35

Tune in next time folks for the latest edition of 'My un interesting love life'

;-)

Shreya123 Mon 22-Sep-14 10:17:51

I just felt like adding my suggestion about meeting single men, I would personally rate the free no pay dating sites as the best option to find single men, the good part is that these websites have men from all backgrounds, so as a woman you can find single fathers, divorced men, or those who have yet to take plunge into marriage, so choice is plenty, access is simple for sites like MeetOutside that require no fee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now