He is still talking to me like a piece of cr*p a year on !!

(10 Posts)
lizzie479 Tue 09-Jul-13 15:59:50

I left him due to verbal abuse, mediation had to become shuttle mediation due to verbal abuse. Now he uses contact times to talk to me like dirt as if I am a slave he employs to look after his kids. He PAYS me to dress them properly was his latest attack today (kids were dressed fine). Its always something. I mainly ignore him as arguing back is pointless and to a certain extent what he wants. Just wondered if anyone has similar experiences or advice ???

kittycat68 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:06:56

The male ego in its finest op! they have to put you down to make themselves feel better cos thier are shit parents. You wait next he will be telling the kids that they dont have to tidy up that what he pays you for!!!! LOL. you are right in the just ignore him, he wants the controntation so dont give him it. try not to get angry or frustrate at the end of the day hes a 1 st class twat and there are quite a few around. Save it for when you are out with the girls night out and make everyone laugh!!

lizzie479 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:19:32

you are right kittycat. Our son was crying and he was just standing there like a twerp. I also told him in mediation that in all the sessions I had not heard him say one comment regards the childrens well being just all about his own suffering! Think that hit a raw nerve and thats why he had to go on about the clothes. Tis always about their money though isnt it? I cant wait to earn enough money to tell him to shove his 'payment' up his ass!

kittycat68 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:41:56

its always about them and rarely about the children. I think its how they were brought up by their own mothers!!

pinklady1107 Tue 09-Jul-13 17:58:14

Sorry to say but 4 yrs on this still happens for me hmm thought it had all stopped but he was back to it this wknds infront of the children.

It's hard xx

I don't know tons about this, but other similar posts recommend that you don't attend the handover, get someone else to do it. Just because he sees the kids, doesn't mean he needs to see you. Good luck.

kittycat68 Thu 11-Jul-13 08:45:45

i would also recommend you dont attend the handovers but if this is not possible make sure its in a public place! i used McDonalds cos its a child friendly place that would put the children at ease. Collection /reurn via school is also good. If he doesnt agree thats his problem YOU have offered contact.

lizzie479 Thu 11-Jul-13 09:12:26

Thanks for all your messages. I have no family nearby to be available for weekly handovers unfortunately. I tried the hand over in a public place thing he got really nasty about it and he calmed down after a warning letter from my solicitors so I stopped it. His response to the warning letter was denial and blame onto me. It happens every time he does not get his own way. He throws his toys out the pram and gets his parents involved too

starlight1234 Thu 11-Jul-13 20:27:42

just reading your final response...

Did it go through a public place ? did it then stop when he calmed down..I may of misunderstood your response..

I think you need to restart it... where is he collecting them from?

I did mediation with my ex he hadn't seen him for 8 months but still never asked how he was ,,,but wanted to see him on his terms...I said no..I wanted it safe and happy for my son..

I also found with my ex ..once he knew his words ,threats had no impact on me he got fed up and bored with the one way fight...

good luck

kittycat68 Sun 14-Jul-13 21:34:35

Also voice record on your phone at handovers!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now