Fed up of everyone having big sociable BBQs and me and DS being sat at home. :-(

(56 Posts)

Feeling a bit sad. sad

Why don't people invite us to their "family and friends" BBQs? Everyone seems to be having a lovely sociable weekend except us. Is it because I'm a single mum? [paranoid]

Scruffey it's not just facebook. It's literally in my face usually on a sunny day with gardens on every side of our house having jolly outdoor gatherings.

Yes I see people on FB publicising their BBQs but the ones right near our house make me sadder and I usually end up going out to the park or somewhere just me and DS as it makes me feel so sad.

pining Sat 10-Aug-13 21:22:32

Yep. Its definitely not paranoia, even my best friend of over 15yrs now has lovely couply bbqs and covers fb with all the photos. I dont know why it happens when we become single. Just need to make more single parent friends i guess, then the financial side of things wouldnt even need to be discussed cos we would automatically bring food/drink along.

wonderingisitme Mon 12-Aug-13 10:41:45

Cori im in south london.

burberryqueen Mon 12-Aug-13 10:48:17

YANBU it is not paranoia - all those "smug marrieds" do not want single mothers around it upsets their numbers and besides you might try and cop off with the husbands. or something. or perhaps they might "catch" your single motherness,
it sucks tbh
flowers

elliebellys Mon 12-Aug-13 11:13:00

Ghostgowoosh,i live near wrexham.waves hand.lol.

makemineapinot Mon 12-Aug-13 23:21:37

Me too - all summer, sitting just us in the garden sad. And our fave country park has steel plates at one end of big picnic tables so even when we go there I'm left sitting alone while dc charge about and everyone around us s having fab family/friendship group picnics/bbqs. Aahhhhhh... I too used to be the big BBQ hostess before leaving my ex. Moved up to Scotland after divorce and seem to be the only single mum in the village sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now