Anyone fancy a single parent's camping trip?

(150 Posts)
Lioninthesun Tue 21-May-13 23:08:35

I was just thinking that this is in most SP's price range (camping in general I mean) and how it would be really boring/hard to do it alone...although admittedly I have never tried but the thought of setting up a tent with DD running riot makes my brain bleed a little.
So...if it isn't too weird an idea....does anyone else fancy it?
<visions of a few giggles around a campfire with marshmallows and the odd baileys perhaps>

MummyAbroad Wed 22-May-13 01:25:39

bump.

(I'd do it if I was in the UK!)

Iwishitwouldgetwarmer Wed 22-May-13 11:26:00

Oh that sounds good. Would depend whereabouts though.

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 12:18:07

Fab idea! But location and price affects my ability to come. (i don't drive, and am on v.v. low income as a student) Love camping though, and would definately be interested smile

cestlavielife Wed 22-May-13 12:39:26

ther are some camping trips on the single with kids site - www.singlewithkids.co.uk/holiday_grid1/camping-glamping/

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 13:36:59

They are expensive cest I normally pay half that for all 3 of us!

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 14:32:55

Mind you, I normally stay at v.basic sites, so maybe that price isn't so bad, depending on facilities!

LadyMaiBlossom Wed 22-May-13 14:40:08

Im not a SP but my dh is disabled so its me who puts the tent up. We are going to the new forest in August to the red shoot campsite.

If you are intrested in going and want a hand putting up the tent PM me smile

Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 15:03:13

Ooh lovely, replies!
I am in South East and also don't drive, but happy to get a train or something somewhere (will figure that bit out...). Ineed are you S.East area at all? New Forest sounds good but would need to sort out getting there first!

Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 15:04:28

Cest I saw that site too but thought it was a little expensive. Was going to try doing it on a budget <eyes beans/tinned goods and Aldi pop up tent>

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 15:04:49

Yes I am south east, Berkshire smile trains are fab!

Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 15:10:37

Oooh I used to live in Guildford, so perhaps somewhere around there would be good? Then I might even catch up with some old friends on the way there/back smile
Will have a little look around the campsites in the Surrey/Hampshire area if that sounds do-able to you?

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 15:23:34

Yea that sounds great. My family are camping mad, so ill ask for recommended places. smile

Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 15:32:59

Yay! smile
May have to be August at this rate weather wise though!

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 16:12:51

True, although last year we camped bank hol weekend, and had 4inches of mud!

HerrenaHarridan Wed 22-May-13 17:06:53

I would absolutely love this! What a great idea!

I am in process of getting my license and then me and dd are going adventuring in the teeny tiny camper van I have bought.

Towards the end of the summer would be better for me.

If other people are going on train I can bring the bulky stuff and if the weather is awful we can hang out in the awning.

Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 21:01:56

WOW! That sounds amazing!
I plan to do my licence too, but only when I can find somewhere to park the damn thing! Maybe you will be my inspiration wink
OK, so shall we say end Aug? Maybe the last week of Aug?

Exogenesis Wed 22-May-13 21:04:28

count me in. I am in Surrey but have a car so can get about grin

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 21:16:26

Sounds good to me, my birthday is end ofAugust smile just hope I can afford it!

Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 22:01:31
Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 22:04:44

Or this one says £15 per night for 6 people?! shock
www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/South_East/Hampshire/Ringwood/oakdene-forest-park/?gclid=COG9jcnNqrcCFdDJtAodqU0A1Q&gclsrc=aw.ds&sort=-rating#tn3-0-0-0-fs
Anyone else wondering about going to Peppa Pig World for DC's?

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 22:06:32

Looks nice! Has more facilities than places I normally go, but actually we will need them with dc and no cars to go far! smile

How old are everyone's dcs btw? I've got 2 boys, 8 (will be just 9 at end of August) and 6.

Cluesue Wed 22-May-13 22:09:08

Sounds great can I come all the way from south Wales ;-)

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 22:09:21
Lioninthesun Wed 22-May-13 22:11:49

More the merrier! All welcome!
My DD will be just 2yo then.
Peppa Pig is in Portsmouth so about 20/30min away by car. DD would love it so we could do a day trip if other DC's wanted to come?
Like the idea of cycling too if they have bike seats or those trailer things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now