Is there ever a right time?

(4 Posts)
lizabeth0607 Sun 19-May-13 19:14:16

Thanks to both of you for the advice, my ex never lived with me and my daughter so she's very used to it being just us.

I think I'm going to leave it until things either get serious or well fall apart lol smile

PurpleThing Sat 18-May-13 19:31:54

IMO what matters is how long you have been separated from ex. Young children need time to get used to one set of change of circumstances before getting to know someone else, presuming ex lived with you.

Plus, of course, how serious you think it is between you and new guy.

Agree with Lonecat, a meeting outside your home for a bit of a play/cake will get her used to you having a new friend.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 18-May-13 16:32:52

I have always admired how my friend handled her 2 year old meeting her now husband which I accidentally stumbled upon. She and DD had gone to local nature reserve with cafe and play park and had bumped into her 'friend' L. They had gone for a lovely walk, had a drink and piece of cake and a at then said goodbye.
They then built on this to moving in together a year later, three years later they married and 2 years after that another baby joined their family.

lizabeth0607 Sat 18-May-13 13:20:27

Hi, sorry if I ramble but this is my first post on here. I have a 19 month old daughter but have separated from her Dad, he lives a few hundred miles away and sees her every 2-3 weeks, he's a good Dad when he's around, but always needs prompting and pestering, especially for money etc.

So the thing is I've been seeing someone else for a few months now, he has a young daughter also, I've only met her once and that was completely by accident on the street. When's the right time (if at all) to introduce my daughter to him? I'm so worried its going to make things difficult between us?

Thanks for reading smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now