Application forms! SAHP and single- what to write??

(5 Posts)
SnoopyLovesYou Wed 08-May-13 09:40:37

Firstly, I do not wish to fill in my status as the form has an option 'Prefer not to say' so I don't have to write that I'm single or otherwise.

Secondly I have a sizeable gap in my employment history where I have been raising my babies.

What do I write? The application is not for something that should be affected by whether or not I have kids. Should I just write 'career break' rather than 'maternity break'?
The fact I have a family is surely none of their business!?!

HerrenaHarridan Wed 08-May-13 12:35:28

Personally I would be honest and take me or leave me but if your not comfortable with that or prefer not to say the your options are
A) travelling
B) career break with no explanation (might as well put prefer not to say)
C) compassionate care (as in for dying relative)
D) rehab (joke!)

If you don't think it would affect your application why not just tell the truth?

SnoopyLovesYou Mon 13-May-13 11:09:22

I decided just to leave the obvious gap and let them ask me about it at interview ;-)

SuperGlumFairy Mon 13-May-13 11:47:57

I hate the term "single" I tend to think of myself as "independently owned and operated" ;)

SnoopyLovesYou Mon 13-May-13 13:21:40

It turned out that 'none' was one of the 'marital status' options so that was handy! No marital status. Yeah in an ideal world!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now