I feel so lonely. Sigh

(32 Posts)
BeOrganised Thu 28-Mar-13 20:34:07

Well title says it all. I'm lonely, but I'm one of those people that put on a front and act like I'm ok all the time. When inside I'm not really. I just really want someone to talk to. I'm feeling really low, I can't really explain how I'm feeling. But I know it's rubbish.

I'm 27 with 3 young children. There isn't anyone who would want me (not thinking about now- even in 10 years). Anyone feel the same way?

BeOrganised Fri 29-Mar-13 23:51:10

Touchofstuffing you are totally right. These men should be judged and I think the ones who walk out and don't pay for their children or see them, are a disgrace. But sometimes I think that my life can be a bit of a drama sometimes because of him, I'm stressed because of him, I get upset when the dc are asking for him. And I think some people might just think of me as some gossip to talk about if that makes sense?

happyAvocado Sat 30-Mar-13 00:57:10

I would have thought in London you are less likely to be judged - maybe people make small talk to be friendly ,they don't mean harm.
Everyone has a right to decide how they are running their life.
Which part of London are you?

leaharrison11 Sat 30-Mar-13 07:59:00

U should never feel embarrassed and everyone makes mistakes when it comes to men, being a single mum is hard and lonely as uv stated ! But uv got ALOT to be proud of!! U may find that there are other people alot like u and u could support each other !

BeOrganised Sat 30-Mar-13 12:51:43

Im from north west, though I work in north London.

I am so proud of myself of the things I've achieved on my own, my children are beautiful and I think I'm doing a good job. Though you're right.. I need to stop pretending!

Squeegle Sat 30-Mar-13 16:34:24

I pretended for a long time when I was living withy alcoholic ex that everything was fine. In some ways it was easier.
Then I came clean- and told everyone we had split up. I told quite a few people the reason why. I was just fed up of covering up.
That honesty has changed a lot for me. People at work understand why I don't want any more responsibility or to be promoted. They know why I leave on the dot. Why I don't have any money. And why I don't particularly look forward to family like holidays like Easter and Xmas!

To be honest things are much much easier know I have told the truth. People have been sympathetic not judgmental. And they offer me help occasionally.

But more than that I feel liberated- as though I'm not hiding a shameful secret. I do recommend it!

marjproops Sat 30-Mar-13 20:45:36

as was said before too, why do people (wives) think that single women are the black widow and always after their husbands?!?

I know someone like that, she cant stand anyone single around her precious DH (and hes not exactly a dreamboat anyway!) yet is quite happy for another married one to be around him.

they must think we're so desperate well go after anything male.

and yy i get so lonely too especially once DCs in bed. makes one feel scared too doesnt it? all dark outside and you're on your own downstairs.

SingleMama Fri 26-Apr-13 01:21:41

~Shybairns~ I think you are wise. I think it's good advice to say that being honest, while being scary, will show you fairly quickly who your real friends are! Think I need this advice myself! Tend to be fairly secretive- in self-protect mode- but being like this can be isolating!!

Also... Come on now... Do tell us about these good dating sites you mentioned! ;-) Plenty of Fish seems more like Old Boots and Other Crappy Debris... :-D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now