what did you do to stop yourself feeling lonely all the time?

(6 Posts)
Samantha1986 Sun 24-Mar-13 00:29:41

I'm a single mummy of 2, currently looking for part-time work with not much luck and I'm finding myself getting extremely lonely! The only people I know in my town are my bf and his family, my bf has just got himself a full-time job and as he is the only person I see all week most weeks I'm finding myself feeling extremely lonely & isolated now that I only see him about 2 evenings a week sad
Until I find myself a job what sort of things can I do to socialize to stop me getting so lonely? Feel like I'm gonna go mad without any adult conversations all week confused

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 24-Mar-13 07:26:19

I do work full time which helps, but I also joined a choir.

Stellarella123 Sun 24-Mar-13 08:20:34

What about joining an exercise class? Gym? I do this during the day when kids are at nursery but some people take there kids Along to the zumba I go to, or walking groups, get a hobby- have a look in hobbycraft get some ideas on craft ? I know how lonely feels hmmgood luck with the job hunt x

Flojobunny Sun 24-Mar-13 08:24:06

How old are your DCs?
I joined lots of parent and child activity group. We have a surestart centre just down the road so they do lots and I joined music ones, swimming classes, gymnastics classes etc.
I also enrolled on a PT college course to help me get that PT job and to make friends.

Mumsnet helped me! And developing new, easy, cheap hobbies (i.e. knitting, drawing, improving my cooking...)

I called a lot of people too. Not all the time & I tried to have different people to ring but that helped.

Then the usual toddler group, work, tv sort of combo.

It's easier now (met my DP) but I can still remember what it's like to be alone every evening & I did find it quite hard so just to say I hope you get some good suggestions and at least know there's plenty of us going through the same sort of thing smile

abbyfromoz Mon 25-Mar-13 15:57:34

Married people get lonely too! Im a SAHM and really struggling with having no family here and hardly any friends with kids. I try to meet people but most of the time they already have formed their little groups... Makes me feel a bit desperate lol
I would be lost without DD... She's my little mate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now