Start a demo ??

(1 Post)
lizzie479 Wed 06-Mar-13 13:13:32

I am getting angrier and angrier at the proposed cuts to the welfare state aimed at lone parents. Also with the withdrawal of legal aid I feel directly targeted as a single mother who made the difficult choice to either stay in a destructive relationship and pop 'happy' pills or bit the bullet and leave. I chose the latter only to find no legal aid protection for me, a welfare state being eroded, and the media targeting 'single mums sponging off the state attitude'. I would like to earn but where are the flexible, decently paid jobs we are supposed to be applying for? I feel directly targeted by the current coalition government because I am a woman who had the audacity to leave her long term partner rather than stay and suffer in silence. I think we need to have a peaceful demonstration that gets our plight across. The students did it when their fees were increased, the disabled when their disability living allowance was reduced. I sat yesterday talking with the lone parent advisor telling me how much poorer I was going to be due to cuts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now