I am a monster in the mornings...

(14 Posts)
Piecesofmyheart Sun 17-Feb-13 20:39:20

Definately eat or drink before you start the battle! We're never late but getting out the door IS stressful. Mine all have a list on theire bedroom walls - I've written it into the form of a funny poem to remind them of what they need to do.

mama2moo Sun 17-Feb-13 19:51:46

Im glad its not just me! So far I havent been able to get out of bed early enough to beat them! Back to school tomorrow so maybe that is when I will start!

NoPartyDay Fri 15-Feb-13 13:13:42

This is my downfall, too!
I found making myself wake a lot earlier to have a quiet cuppa and listen to the radio, and then have my shower before I faced encouraging them along to get ready really made a difference, too.

I decided no matter what they got up to, yelling would only make them and myself feel far worse, and committed to trying to stop...(not a nice way to start their day, don't want my children to remember their mum not coping with poor behaviour and yelling every morning)

I started taking an apple and water or a traveller mug of coffee with me in the car to sip on every time I felt like raising my voice when they were annoying each other/getting silly in the car (difficult to take shrieking/silly antics in a confined space). Having something to pop in my mouth stops me from getting cranky and basically behaving badly when I'm at my worst time of the day- when they are behaving badly as all children do at some stage. Only thing is the traveller mug has spilt a few times on my work clothes!

Meglet Wed 13-Feb-13 20:57:35

I am too. I shout when they run riot at silly o'clock so I can't have a cup of tea in peace, I shout when they think it's funny to have a wee but I need to use the look (a lot) as I have IBS, I shout when they dance around naked for 20 mins when they should be doing anything but.

I know everyone moans about teenagers sleeping in but I'm at the end of my tether these days <and breathe>.

If they would stay in their rooms quietly until 7am I would be a lot happier.

mama2moo Wed 13-Feb-13 20:52:00

That is a great idea. I will try sneaking downstairs tomorrow and making a cup of tea! I need something to pick me up in the mornings!

LineRunner Wed 13-Feb-13 19:59:29

I don't know if this would help but I get up before my two DC, and I make a mug of tea and take it back to bed, and just have the radio on low for ten minutes.

I'm not a morning person and just have to ease myself into the day.

PirateHat Wed 13-Feb-13 19:53:47

Sorry meant to say, I've started - just bagels I keep in the freezer, seems to help me running on nervous energy.

mama2moo Wed 13-Feb-13 19:53:17

M & M's for breakfast might improve my mood!!!

PirateHat Wed 13-Feb-13 19:52:38

I would try to eat something even if it isn't typical breakfast food. Worth a try?

mama2moo Wed 13-Feb-13 19:45:56

I am always ready on time as are the girls. I know I have enough time. I am just horrible.

I dont eat breakfast, never had! Maybe I will start my days with a cup of tea in peace and quiet. I will try that tomorrow!!

feelingsik Wed 13-Feb-13 16:03:18

same here MamaMoo...
even on mornings we wake up at 6.30 with plenty of time
the last ten minutes its always a mare

Start at the time when you need to leave to comfortably get to work on time. Work back from there, noting how long things take - teeth 5 minutes, shoes/ coats / bags 5 minutes etc. Do you start off when you get up or earlier?

also, set timers around - you have 10 minutes to get dressed etc. put timer on and then ignore and do your own thing. If they're not ready, they go as they are.

colditz Wed 13-Feb-13 15:43:40

Get breakfast inside you before you even allow your children downstairs. Low blood sugar is a monster maker.

mama2moo Wed 13-Feb-13 15:37:35

I dont even know why. I find myself shouting at my 2 girls, stressing and almost running out of the door to work.

Any tips? I get everything ready the night before, get up with plenty of time to get us ready, go to bed early etc etc.

I just turn into a complete monster in the mornings. What else can I do??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now