Passport advice.

(5 Posts)
queenofthepirates Japan Sat 29-Dec-12 00:11:22

You should be fine, I'v taken my DD away to the US and Europe with no problems, no one asks.

Alexapestbum Fri 28-Dec-12 21:21:13

Thank you so much, it's a relief to know that I should be able to take her away hassle free!

starfleet Fri 28-Dec-12 21:14:40

Alex - I applied for DS's passport with only my details and his birth certificate. DS's father hasn't seen him since he was 8 months old he is now 12. As long as the parent with parental responsibility is the the one who signs you should be ok. Things may have changed as the last time DS needed a new passport was 3 years ago. Hope that helps a little.

picklemesideways Fri 28-Dec-12 21:10:51

I am about to apply for a passport for my dd . Have had a look over the form and it only needs one signatyre. There is a space for fathers details but lady in post office told me that if i dont know them then can put a note in explaiing this.

Alexapestbum Fri 28-Dec-12 21:05:49

I'm thinking of taking my lg on holiday abroad next year. Her father is named on her birth certificate however he has never had contact with her, has stopped paying child support and I have no way of contacting him. Will I be able to get a passport for my lg without his signature? I've tried with no success to find out via the Internet and was hoping to find someone who had similar experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now