Its Xmas Eve and I'm alone. DD miles away with dad and I'm really feeling it

(14 Posts)
suburbophobe Wed 26-Dec-12 01:14:52

<there should be an edit button on this website!>

suburbophobe Wed 26-Dec-12 01:13:16

because I really cannot cope with all the "Oh my DP is so useless" "oh my DP has got my a crap present", etc, etc,

Oh, god yes!

Like the one "I feel like a LP cos hubby is away on buziness and I'm *home alone with the children"!

ARGH.....

foslady Wed 26-Dec-12 00:40:39

Hope you all got through today ok. I feel very lucky, dd in theory should have been at her fathers, but he now decided that she's old enough to decide herself where she wants to be (I think he knows she wants to be with me for Christmas Eve/day, but see him for a couple of hours on Christmas day). I lose her tomorrow until Friday.......and I'm not looking forward to that but telling myself it's important for her.....and I do have to go to work......

Hi all, i dont normally post on here. I am on my own because my ds Wilf is at college for Christmas due to various reasons. I am going to my next door neighbours for Christmas x

MagicHouse Tue 25-Dec-12 08:35:31

Happy Christmas everyone! I'm with you on the Christmas isn't today thing - it's tomorrow in our house! Today is just a lazy day with a nice roast dinner!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Dec-12 22:45:40

I'm working on the it's not Christmas tomorrow. DD and I are having our Christmas in a weeks time. All the presents will remain under the tree till then. Tomorrow is just some other day.

sarahseashell Mon 24-Dec-12 22:30:23

have a <hug> OP from another home alone person. It is hard. Will you be able to do something nice with dd when she's back?

Owlfright Mon 24-Dec-12 22:30:06

Hugs OP. Put that mince pie out.

Have you anything planned for tomorrow?

It might help to think of it as 'just one day', this time tomorrow it will be almost over.

BieneMaja Mon 24-Dec-12 22:26:54

Yes I'm going to my parents tomorrow so that's good (they only just moved to the area). It really could be worse, exP is a good dad and I'm sure DD will be having a lovely time.

Sending Xmas cheer to you all. I think splitting these "special occasions" are the hardest bit all round of this lone-parenting malarkey sad

I know the feeling, when DD is at her Dads at Christmas it breaks my heart, it does get better as they get older. Just try to keep yourself busy (I usually work) and when she comes back have a second Christmas crackers and all.

ProphetOfDoom Mon 24-Dec-12 22:22:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmIthatTinselly Mon 24-Dec-12 22:18:12

Oh dear, I came onto LPs because I was feeling crap too.

So sorry you are alone. Put the mince pie out for Santa, go on.

I am going to hide over here because I really cannot cope with all the "Oh my DP is so useless" "oh my DP has got my a crap present", etc, etc,

I don't want to hijack your thread, sorry.

Just want you to know that you're not alone

Sargesaweyes Mon 24-Dec-12 22:16:32

Big hug to you. Next year will be better. Are you going somewhere tomorrow?

BieneMaja Mon 24-Dec-12 22:14:43

Nothing to say really other than that I'm feeling pretty crap.

Feel like putting a mince pie out for Santa anyway but I know there is no point sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now