So, seeing as we are all single...

(78 Posts)
ATouchOfStuffing Mon 03-Dec-12 21:12:56

I was thinking perhaps those who live in the same parts of the Country might like to get chatting/do stuff on weekends, etc.
I know I am a weekend widow (friends all happily attached and usually go off on family adventures) so wonderd if we could cobble together some groups for day trips on weekends or whatever?
Whaddya think?

Foxy800 Sun 09-Dec-12 09:28:52

Im in surrey with a 6 and a half year old. Count me in if anyone from surrey wants to meet up.

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 09-Dec-12 10:08:49

Looks like a lot of us in the South smile
No idea if anyone likes the idea of Peppa Pig world, but looks like they aren't open in Jan. 23rd Feb is their first weekend open after Christmas, so if anyone is free that weekend (seems ages away!) perhaps we can set a date?
https://paultonspark.co.uk/opening-times

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 09-Dec-12 10:09:09
Foxy800 Sun 09-Dec-12 10:28:03

Have been there before and dd loved it.

Capitaltrixie Sun 09-Dec-12 11:36:40

Me too please! Hampshire also (and newly single so this would be absolutely brilliant smile)

Have just looked on Peppa pig World/Paultons Park website and it's closed throughout Jan till end of Feb confused.
How about Marwell Wildlife Park?? I've never been but have heard good things about it (and quite a lot cheaper than PPW!). I just looked & they run a special bus service from Eastleigh Station directly to Marwell for those coming from afar..
Directions to Marwell

Capitaltrixie Sun 09-Dec-12 11:38:46

Sorry! didn't see last 2 or 3 messages before I posted confused

PPW would be great after Jan x

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 09-Dec-12 12:46:08

Also ant to go to www.groombridge.co.uk/ for the Enchanted Forest and www.thehopfarm.co.uk/ but again, looks like they are closed until Feb <twiddles thumbs>

Capitaltrixie Sun 09-Dec-12 18:47:45

Just had a look at the websites and both look really lovely ATouchOfStuffing (the Enchanted Forest looks blimmin' amazing!).
So (if it's not too presumptuous..) how about a trip to PPW at the end of Feb (23rd?) and another trip to either of the two places in Kent afterwards?

dippyeggs Sun 09-Dec-12 20:29:43

Berkshire... I hate weekends! Lovely friends but all very smugmarried..

Peppa Pig land is great for younger kids, mine are 3 and 5. The rest of the park ok for older kids too. Anyway I will keep an eye on plans smile

lizzie479 Sun 09-Dec-12 20:41:21

I'm in Somerset/Bristol

frillynat81 Sun 09-Dec-12 21:50:03

I'm in central Scotland

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 09-Dec-12 22:59:34

That sounds Capital, Trixie! wink
Will put 23rd for PPW into my phone diary now and then it is set grin

Capitaltrixie Mon 10-Dec-12 21:17:26

Great grin I'll put 23rd in my diary too, exciting!

happygolucky0 Mon 10-Dec-12 22:23:10

I am Dorset ...but dont have any small children to take to PPW bless lol hope you have a great time

angelelle Tue 11-Dec-12 20:05:41

Hampshire and old here too (39 lol) with newborn dd and all the nct mums do Stuff with their partners at weekends so also up for childfriendly activities!

She70 Tue 11-Dec-12 20:23:31

I've just found this forum. Not used it before but I'd definitely be interested too. I am in Kent and v newly separated from my husband. I've got two children, 5 & 2.

marryinhaste Tue 11-Dec-12 21:53:12

I'd be interested in meeting people at weekends too - I'm in Kent/London borders and have 2 children - 4 and 2.

Mumfortoddler Tue 11-Dec-12 22:22:32

I'm in Oxfordshire...!! Count me in, will travel, get so bored at weekends!

Sign me up too. I'm in the wrexham area . Saturday is a no no for me as I dance with the girls on a sat but Sundays I'm free. I miss doing stuff on a sun, hard when you see other people playing happy families

ATouchOfStuffing Sat 15-Dec-12 10:07:34

Excellent! I am glad there are so many of us who have free weekends, should make it nice and varied with places to go and people to see! Any other suggestions welcome with dates etc. Hard this side of Christmas I think, but even if people just want to meet for a good playground and lunch somewhere it might be nice?
We could be the WW (weekend widows) rather than the WI wink

Jules666 Sat 15-Dec-12 10:27:35

Me too please! I'm in the Sheffield side of Rotherham.

She70 Sat 15-Dec-12 13:24:59

Those in Kent... Are any close to Leeds Castle? Its got a good playground, places for lunch and if you pay entrance once you get free entry for a year.

Could be a good place to meet up one weekend?

DowagersHump Sat 15-Dec-12 15:38:26

I'd be up for this (also in Kent) smile

DS is a bit old for Peppa Pig but Groombridge Place/Leeds castle would be great

tootsweets Sat 15-Dec-12 16:31:07

I am in Wiltshire. Keep me posted!

zonedout Sun 16-Dec-12 08:51:08

Only just seen this but I'd love to join in. Also find all my friends do family stuff on the weekends

hamerse whereabouts in Herts are you? I'm in N london, with similar aged children. smile

FrenchJunebug whereabouts are you? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now