So, seeing as we are all single...

(78 Posts)
ATouchOfStuffing Mon 03-Dec-12 21:12:56

I was thinking perhaps those who live in the same parts of the Country might like to get chatting/do stuff on weekends, etc.
I know I am a weekend widow (friends all happily attached and usually go off on family adventures) so wonderd if we could cobble together some groups for day trips on weekends or whatever?
Whaddya think?

Teahouse Mon 03-Dec-12 21:14:49

Sign me up, although I may be way older than most people here. Hampshire is my area

ChristmasSALutations Mon 03-Dec-12 21:16:34

And me. Although I am awfully nervous when meeting new people and tend to put my foot in it a lot. Not sure anyone will want to meet up now

I'm in Berkshire

ATouchOfStuffing Mon 03-Dec-12 21:24:17

I'm in E.Kent. Not sure how to organise this - perhaps use the same title and suggest something in our areas with a date and time and see who wants to come? I'm thinking something kids friendly as will have DD but can be a woodland walk or whatever grin . Also just because I am in Kent, doesn't mean we can't get a train somewhere for a fun day!

PleaseLetsGoToSleep Mon 03-Dec-12 21:47:56

What a lovely idea! I'm in Cambridgeshire, don't have own transport though so bit of a fail, but lots of enthusiasm!

IneedAgoldenNickname Mon 03-Dec-12 23:41:33

Great idea, I'm in Berkshire (reading)

You are all miles away!

ankh Tue 04-Dec-12 09:59:55

south west london here. i don't know any other single parents in the area.

FrenchJunebug Tue 04-Dec-12 13:47:05

North London here!

ATouchOfStuffing Tue 04-Dec-12 14:01:56

Hooray! I get so bored on weekends, will be lovely to see some new faces!
So we are all more south than midlands?
I don't drive either Please so will be training/busing to wherever. Anyone have ideas of something you would like to go to or see? Will you be bringing kids?

ChristmasSALutations Tue 04-Dec-12 17:01:19

Kids are a permanent fixture with me atm so yes please to something child friendly.

Not sure if I can a weekend this side of Christmas though. It seems to be the only time of year my weekends are busy.

ATouchOfStuffing Tue 04-Dec-12 18:38:57

That's fine - we can start it for the New Year smile

TheJiminyConjecture Tue 04-Dec-12 21:16:10

Me too please! Hampshire also grin

Meglet Tue 04-Dec-12 22:18:19

Is Hampshire overflowing with single parents or something grin.

I don't get away from the kids though, pah! (lunatic, abusive XP who is thankfully long gone).

ATouchOfStuffing Tue 04-Dec-12 22:38:21

OK, so kid friendly it is! Maybe, seeing as there are so many in Hampshire, one of you could suggest something local to you guys as a start? I will be training it with DD, so any suggestions re: transport from nearest station would be handy too. Shall we start in Jan then smile , it's exciting!

exmrs Tue 04-Dec-12 22:58:29

Im in manchester if anyone near me

washingonawednesday Wed 05-Dec-12 08:53:23

Anyone in west Cornwall? It's a long shot I know!

2isamagicnumber Wed 05-Dec-12 18:41:34

Hi exmrs I'm in Sheffield so not too far away from you.

Eggnoggy Wed 05-Dec-12 21:52:16

What a great idea!! count me in grin

I'm another Hampshire one (North)

<just putting thinking cap on to think of possible venues around Hampshire that are kid friendly and near transport links> hmmmm

didipickles Thu 06-Dec-12 11:30:33

im in Birmingham . would be great to meet other single parents if there are any out there!!

ATouchOfStuffing Thu 06-Dec-12 18:11:23

I'm not sure if it is open in Jan but DD is a bit taken with Peppa Pig, so am considering a trip to Peppa Pig World at some point...
No where near Hampshire though! Any ideas on places to go/see/fun days out etc welcome for Jan grin

InNeedOfBrandyButter Thu 06-Dec-12 18:12:21

Lovely idea, I'm in Bristol

girliefriend Thu 06-Dec-12 20:07:21

I'm in somerset.........

exmrs Thu 06-Dec-12 22:54:09

2isamagicnumber smile how are you? I have a boy aged 6 and we are both ill at the minute (again)
Whats it like in sheffield is there much for kids to do?

hamerse Sat 08-Dec-12 18:24:26

ooh count me in too smile I am in Hertfordshire and have 2 kiddies, 7 and a nearly 4 year old smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now