Child maintenance letters so hard to understand

(10 Posts)
chocolatespiders Sun 18-Nov-12 10:01:18

izzy - that sounds like a nightmare good on you for keeping going smile

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Sat 17-Nov-12 14:34:58

you dont want to know how getting an assessment to pay a woman who owes us thousands of pounds made me feel!!!! But they said, because we never enforced collection on her - her arrears were totally irrelevant and it classes as a new claim (there were 2 assessments, 1 on her 1 on DH and the net effect was her paying him iyswim).

As a point of principle though, once they made that decision, we ensure we pay on time, don't want to lower ourselves to her level.

chocolatespiders Sat 17-Nov-12 13:49:59

OH I see now..

I have lost the will to live with it all.

I was feeling a bit calmer but every time I think about it I get so upset and angry sad

MrsTomHardy Sat 17-Nov-12 13:12:12

Don't even get me started on the Csa!!! sad

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Sat 17-Nov-12 13:05:17

No, it bounced back to ours, but I have 1 account that only runs DDs and SOs so I never check it.

DH rang them and we made a lump sum payment straight away, but I can't believe they didn't notify us, we made a genuine error (ex went without money for the whole time), but I can see how easy it is for people to get away with building up substantial arrears and how unfair it is on the recipient.

(we are actually paying a woman who is in £4.5k arrears to us, but thats a whole other story as it was a "voluntary" arrangement so when the one who was living with us hit post CSA age, she slapped us with a CSA claim for the youngest, who lived with her, despite not having paid up herself for 6 years or more).

chocolatespiders Sat 17-Nov-12 13:00:17

Did it go into someone elses account?

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Sat 17-Nov-12 12:53:27

They are useless, we made a mistake when we changed bank accounts and got a digit wrong in the new SO, they didn't tell us and I didn't realise for 6 weeks - I was horrified when I realised we hadn't been paying.

chocolatespiders Sat 17-Nov-12 12:49:21

I have just rang them to try and understand it a bit more. She told me not to expect any money until January... I just cried sad

Unless he make a good will payment this week (yes the lady on the phone said he may make a good will payment- WHAT he owes £700

I really try hard not to rely on this money but need it for Christmas, its so frustrating..

Thanks for letting me vent

BellaTalbert Sat 17-Nov-12 12:44:20

I know what you mean. I generally phone them up to get them to explain as the letters don't give all the information correctly. I signed up to the text service which texts you when they have received a payment. Good Luck xx

chocolatespiders Sat 17-Nov-12 12:39:23

DD Dad hasnt paid CSA for months and arrears of £700 has built up. Got a letter for CSA this week and it reads that I may see some money this week. But no what I think it should read is never right. They have spoken to him and he may make a payment this week!!!!!!!

So fed up with this rubbish situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now