Kick me up the bum please and tell me to stop it!!

(3 Posts)
TheDogsRolex Mon 12-Nov-12 16:28:14

Bought dd's Christmas gifts today. I went to Argos as they had a 3 for 2 offer on toys ending tomorrow and what she had asked for worked out cheaper than from anywhere else. Unfortunately, three of the items weren't the right ones (slightly) wrong colour etc, nothing major. That was all they had in stock. Now I'm feeling mean, if I hadn't tried to save money she'd have had what she asked for (but less gifts).

She is a spoilt madam (sorry, but I have to be honest, she is) so maybe it'll be good for her to see she can't always have exactly what she wants but I don't want her disappointed come Christmas day.

I know why I do it, she's the one without a dad, try to do anything I can to make her happy, overcompensate blah blah.

Am I overthinking again? grin

piratecat Mon 12-Nov-12 16:34:57

how important is the colour. what are we talking about here. need to know the gift.

like if you got Lala instead of Dipsy then that's pretty important!

TheDogsRolex Mon 12-Nov-12 17:06:41

Ok we're talking a fluffy thing with a silly name I dont recall (all do exactly the same thing ie nothing but different colours, a bit like a Furby I guess except not interactive...more like a stuffed toy). A doll which is the same but comes with different costumes and one of those horrible looking halloween type Bratz (she got the light pink and black rather than the dark pink and black, they have different names apparently).

I normally get lots of crafty things but to my horror, she's suddenly started liking dolls. Plastic tat...grumble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now