me vs parents

(4 Posts)
DoubleYew Mon 12-Nov-12 17:38:42

Is this a temporary arrangement because it doesn't sound much fun for anyone.

Frezbee Fri 09-Nov-12 23:00:14

You are right it just isn't working, for example today I was giving my daughter a hair cut and as usual she was playing up as she didn't want one. I was extremely calm but asked my mum to help distract her, instead my mum started telling me how silly I was. when I said to mum that it wasn't the right time to be telling me off she became angrier and it all became a shambles :'(

queenofthepirates Japan Fri 09-Nov-12 22:48:54

Sometimes I think it's hard to find your voice with your parents. Have youy tried speaking to them about this? A direct approach might work but I'm feeling that because you're asking here, that's not working?

Frezbee Fri 09-Nov-12 22:27:26

Ok here goes,
I love my parents and we live together. But its just me with my toddler. I don't really have any friends and don't know who else to ask.
My parents keep overriding my authority with my daughter. They tell her its ok when I say no, and tell me I'm being unreasonable. I love them and I don't know how to tell them to support me instead of making me out to be the bad one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now