Just got back from the Paralympics!

(34 Posts)
ArthurShappey Wed 05-Sep-12 17:54:04

Can I just say... Wow! Fantastic day, fantastic venue. Saw David Weir get his medal, the crowd were amazing, the athletes were incredible. We saw everything... Didn't know where to look half the time. Saw discus, shot put, long jump, wheelchair racing, running (including a relay).

Even joined in with the Mexican wave! grin

ohthedandy Thu 06-Sep-12 11:12:16

We went to 7-a-side football yesterday afternoon, then went into the stadium in the evening. We were about 7 rows back in the top tier - good overall view, but I wish I'd remembered to take dh's binoculars! Got totally caught up in it all - the best of days.

Only sad point - I could have cried for the Spanish visually impaired athlete who lost the baton in their 4 x 100m relay. They were world champions - he was on the ground devastated.

Feel like I really should make an effort to check out other games and meets these athlete are involved in and try to start supporting!

hazeyjane Thu 06-Sep-12 21:17:54

We have just got back

It was an incredible, inspiring day.

Ds fell asleep in the stadium and dd2 was terrified by the cheering (photos on profile!!), but it was such an incredible atmosphere, and everyone was so helpful (we were loaned a wheelchair when we got there and had a fantastic lady push ds - and me, when ds wouldn't get in on his own, round to to our seats)

A wonderful, wonderful day.

ArthurShappey Thu 06-Sep-12 21:35:40

Glad you enjoyed it. It's an experience I'll never forget... I'm really enjoying it in telly tonight David Weir and Jonnie Peacock just raced awesome races! 2 more
Gold medals!!!

Kbear Thu 06-Sep-12 21:37:15

screaming at the telly!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TunaPastaBake Thu 06-Sep-12 21:38:50

Amazing !

maxtrue Thu 06-Sep-12 22:46:31

Went Saturday pm and tue pm and just WOW at everything from the people transport and the most important the jaw dropping ability of the athletes just blown away! Best thing I have seen in my lifetime!

caramelwaffle Thu 06-Sep-12 23:13:40

I've been everyday since the middle of last week; I am knackered, but happy grin

TeamGBsometimes Thu 06-Sep-12 23:16:47

Just back from this evening's session. What an amazing wall of sound.

feelingfull Fri 07-Sep-12 23:24:11

amazing. i am a Londoner , a commuter, and a pessimist. the whole thing has been amazing.

went to the olympic park yesterday and i cannot express how wonderful the games makers and even the joe public were ( even me).

we had morning tickets for the stadium and spent ages in the park afterwards, could have spent longer if I had another adult with me to sling DD!

and even DD said her best thing was me screaming/ cheering at the athletes - ordinarily it would be going in the sling and not having to walk / eating sweets!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now