Anyone going to the Victory Parade?

(8 Posts)
GoldenPeppermintCreams Tue 04-Sep-12 14:11:14

More information and map is here: www.molpresents.com/parade

I've just tweeted MOL Presents to find out if the Mascots will still be there Monday for the parade - as the last day for them is meant to be Sunday. So we can go on a Mascot hunt if we don't get to see much of the parade.

I have no idea how busy it's going to be. Most people will be at work or school, but will people be be taking time off, or popping out on their lunchbreaks? The earliest we can get there straight from school is about 12.30pm.

skyblue101 Tue 04-Sep-12 11:07:57

I'm thinking about going to the parade.. but I have no idea what time I should be thinking about getting there for..
I know it's going to be crazy busy, but to get a good spot (at the front would be nice) what sort of time do you think I need to get there for? As early as 8am? earlier? or later?
Think it starts at 1.30pm.

nancy75 Tue 04-Sep-12 11:06:37

You are persuading me! I think we are so lucky to live in London and be close to all of this amazing stuff, I want my dd to grow up feeling a part of it all and being proud to live here, and like you say, it's a once in a lifetime event.

feetheart Tue 04-Sep-12 11:01:03

Mine will also miss first day back tomorrow as we have athletics tickets!
2 days in the first week might be a bit much BUT it is a once-in-a-lifetime thing and they have got so much out of the Games. I am SO tempted, its only the scary headteacher that is putting me off if I'm honest blush

nancy75 Tue 04-Sep-12 10:56:42

Feet heart, I agree I am tempted to take dd out, if they had been back for a few weeks I would, but I'm not sure as it is o soon after the holidays

feetheart Tue 04-Sep-12 10:54:47

Really tempted to take DC (9 and 6 and completely inspired by both Olympics and Paralympics) out of school for the day. Slightly concerned about not getting to see much but would like to be there.

Hopeforever Tue 04-Sep-12 07:56:04

Going with friends, they are organising it so I've no idea of timings etc, but I can't wait!

GoldenPeppermintCreams Tue 04-Sep-12 07:54:21

I'm vaguely contemplating it, but it's going to be extremely busy isn't it? Or will everyone be back at work and school?

It's my 4 year old's first day back at school, but he finishes at 11am, so I'm thinking we'll hop on a train straight up there.

Where do you think will be the best place to watch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now