What do I do with unwanted paralympic tickets?

(9 Posts)
BettySuarez Thu 06-Sep-12 00:51:31

We had two spare tickets which we just handed in at the gate to the Olympic park, the volunteers are really appreciative of any donations because it's often their only chance to see the live sport.

Two Gamesmakers joined us in the seats we donated and were thrilled to bits grin

TeaAndSlanket Tue 04-Sep-12 14:11:19

Best to give away/sell to friends.

If you are going to the Park anyway, you could pass on or informally sell to people with day tickets at cost price, if they're interested. Hanging around by ticket offices inside is a good way to find those looking and you can be reasonably open with the staff, providing you are not selling at a profit, as there's no formal resale/refund channel on the day.

BombusBombus Mon 03-Sep-12 23:13:55

We gave ours away.

lindsell Mon 03-Sep-12 23:09:35

I think you can submit them for resale through the www.tickets.london2012.com Site, log into your account and there's an option to do it iirc

SummerSolstice Mon 03-Sep-12 23:03:43

I would love the swimming tickets if you want to sell, just let me know the price!

JaquelineHyde Mon 03-Sep-12 22:49:06

Give them to meeeeee grin grin

PurpleAndPoppyWearer Mon 03-Sep-12 22:47:54

Sell/give to friends/colleagues.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Mon 03-Sep-12 16:43:38

Just given them to friends confused

lou4791 Mon 03-Sep-12 16:40:16

Managed to get hold of some tickets for athletics this Thursday a while back. Then my teenage son changed his mind and wanted to join us. By this time tickets were like gold dust, and in the ticketchecker flustered mad rush I have purchased too many tickets. I thought they would be ok for re sale, but now find that this can't be done within a week of the event. So I have one athletics ticket and two swimming tickets that won't be needed.
Seems such a shame to have empty seats. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now