yay! tickets for paralympics park on sat....advice on taking babies...

(10 Posts)
EdgarAllanPond Mon 03-Sep-12 12:42:10

we have park tickets!

WE will be going - Dh & self with DS2 (2mo) DD2 (2yo) and DD1 (5)

what stuff is a good idea? is it practical to take a pushchair? or reins for toddler and sling for tiny baby better idea? tempted to give DD2 a mobile phone purely as a tagging device, but she'd lose it...

EdgarAllanPond Mon 03-Sep-12 12:42:29

DD1 i mean

EdgarAllanPond Mon 03-Sep-12 12:43:04

and what are the chances of getting event tickets on the day?

cocoaGOLDchannel Mon 03-Sep-12 13:23:49

We took DD (18 months) to the velodrome and then to the Excel centre yesterday. We took the buggy and stored it (places at each if the information tents and each stadia).

There seemed to be a lot of signs telling people on day passes where seats were available, and a lot of availability for the sports included on the day pass. (On the Excel day pass we had an opportunity to get into everything except powerlifting). You cannot buy tickets at the park for the non- day pass venues even if there is availability, unless you go online on your phone and do so then pick them up, IYSWIM.

DD is at the 'I am the first person ever to learn to run stage', so we were glad to have the buggy for the points in the day that she felt she could not possibly hold hands. We wished we had also taken reins.

In terms of what to see, I know someone who is stewarding goal ball and it seems like the need for silence makes it unsuitable for young children.

Hope you all have a great day!

GoldenPeppermintCreams Mon 03-Sep-12 17:33:53

Mascot House opens at 9am and has some stuff for kids in it. But the real mascots don't appear until 11!

The Great British Garden has some stuff for kids - my son got to throw some bean bags into some hoop targets. There is also a have a go at tennis court for kids somewhere, but we didn't see that.

If you have park only tickets there is no way you can get other tickets in the park. I heard this a few times from people asking, while I was queuing up for my travelcards. The electronic signs say that there are tickets available for certain events, but that is only for day pass holders.

A buggy will be fine, if you are ok taking it on public transport.

Peppaontheceiling Mon 03-Sep-12 17:38:13

I liked the bean bag throwing too grin. 4yo DD had a huff and wouldn't do it.

Loads of people with buggys on Saturday, big ones too, lots of Phil & Teds and double buggies. TBH as the food outlets are a PITA to queue for it's not a bad idea cramming as much as you can into the buggy and taking it with you.

They do colour jumping games on the coloured spots too.

Ww're going again this Saturday, it really is great for kids.

Kveta Mon 03-Sep-12 18:27:28

where is mascot house? taking 12 week and 2.11yo tomorrow, eek! I am taking DD in the sling, and taking pushchair for when DS gets tired or atrocious.

GoldenPeppermintCreams Mon 03-Sep-12 18:45:44

Mascot House is next to the Coca Cola Beat Box and The Riverside Arena. There are also toilets and water in that area as well. If you went last time it was the smaller gift shop.

Kveta Mon 03-Sep-12 18:56:13

thanks, didn't go last time, so will hunt it down tomorrow!

EdgarAllanPond Mon 03-Sep-12 20:01:14

great smile i can't wait fr Mascot House..DD1 is mad for mascots.

thinking sling and stick pushchair - we can hang a placcy bag off it with lunch & drinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now