Our seats didn't exist at the stadium...

(18 Posts)
GetDownNesbitt Sun 02-Sep-12 20:42:41

So we were bumped from row 72 yesterday morning to row........

One!

As in front row seats.

Not bad, eh? Although how they sold seats that weren't there puzzled me a little. A couple of people said they had just sat in the row in front - glad we complained and were moved!

bisjaralympics Sun 02-Sep-12 21:19:17

Result! We were moved for the diving finals from seats the other end of the aquatics centre to seats just along from David Beckham with a wonderful close up view of all the divers.

PurpleAndPoppyWearer Sun 02-Sep-12 22:27:43

Think they sold seats that had previously been in the media section?

CMOTDibbler Sun 02-Sep-12 22:41:35

At the Olympics, our tickets beeped when scanned, and they told us that our seats were ones that the cameras now blocked (as positions aren't finalised till lateish), and they gave us new seats, 30 rows further forward

PurpleAndPoppyWearer Sun 02-Sep-12 22:44:31

The big screens were also out in late to some venues and took out some seats.

Fantastic!

There were definitely some oddities with the seating though. Where I was sat in the aquatics centre, the was an empty section to my right where no seats had been installed for absolutely no obvious reason. It wasn't an accessible area, so there's no way it was ever intended for wheelchairs, and too small for cameras. It was just as though they ran out of seats so didn't put any more in - bizarre.

GetDownNesbitt Mon 03-Sep-12 18:20:13

There was a massive concrete block where the seats should have been - so row 72, 73 and 74 were missing about 30 seats each. I don't know if it was for wheelchair spaces or something - a bit bloody high up for that!

GoldenPeppermintCreams Mon 03-Sep-12 18:54:00

We were sat near one of those, on Row 75. I assumed it was for cameras or spotlights or something needed for the opening/closing ceremonies. Ours had markings on the floor with codes on.

TeamGBsometimes Tue 04-Sep-12 16:03:10

We have row 2 seats for Thursday, which were randomly assigned in the middle price band. Was the view good from the first row?

GetDownNesbitt Tue 04-Sep-12 18:13:48

It depends what you are watching. 1500m was right by us, and so was the long jump, but the 100 and 200m races were on the other side of the track. Our original tickets were Block 205, which was on the 100m side of the track - new ones were further round.

TeamGBsometimes Tue 04-Sep-12 21:57:56

We are in block C, which is near the beginning or maybe the end of the 100m track. I'm ridiculously excited to be going grin.

bisjaralympics Tue 04-Sep-12 22:13:20

We were in block 154 for the men's 100m final. Fab seats and a great view of Usain Bolt's bum grin.

Do you mean bridge C? Here is a seating plan for the stadium.

bisjaralympics Tue 04-Sep-12 22:14:10

Our block was near the start of the 100m.

cluttered Tue 04-Sep-12 22:34:59

bisjaralympics where were you sitting in the diving finals (I assume you mean 10m men's platform which we were also at)? We got a fairly close up view of divers, were above where Team GB were sitting I think, but couldn't work out where David Beckham was.

bisjaralympics Tue 04-Sep-12 22:46:03

We had our original tickets changed and were moved from 101 to 106. We were to the right of the GB team rather than directly behind.

cluttered Wed 05-Sep-12 00:09:41

Oh OK we were block 104 but near 105 side. That must be why we couldn't see DB because we were on the same side, I thought he would be on the other side where all the cameras were pointing. How did you get moved? I recall you were worrying in a much earlier post that you wouldn't be able to see much. Wasn't the diving great though!

mirry2 Wed 05-Sep-12 00:18:51

We were bumped to almost the front row as well because apparently the camersa would have blocked our view. grin

TeamGBsometimes Wed 05-Sep-12 08:04:30

Yes, bridge C, block 150.

Maybe I'll get to see Oscar's bum <excited>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now