Anyone at this morning's athletics? 2/9

(9 Posts)
SoupDragon Sun 02-Sep-12 20:21:12

We had SUCH a fabulous time! One gold, one silver... seriously p-ed off we didn't get to see Aled's medal ceremony though!

PurpleAndPoppyWearer Sun 02-Sep-12 22:29:30

Dammit, we had tickets and couldn't go, so sold them on to friends. Good, was it?

Woodlands Sun 02-Sep-12 22:30:45

Yes, we were there! It was a shame not to have the medal ceremony, wasn't it? So glad to see a British gold though!

SoupDragon Mon 03-Sep-12 06:56:31

I'm sure they could have slotted it in at the ned of the session if they'd tried smile

It was good, Purple. The atmosphere was fabulous - especially when the GB athletes were competing.

My hands still hurt from clapping! grin

captainbarnacle Mon 03-Sep-12 07:17:14

Yes I was there with ds1 ds2 and baby ds3 - my first time in an athletics stadium and I loved it! We were right next to the long jump, and got a great view of Aled's lap of honour. Fantastic morning! Wish I could go again.

Woodlands Mon 03-Sep-12 09:14:32

Ooh we were right next to the long jump too, block 237. It was fab to see the inside of the stadium for real. I was there with 2-year-old DS who spent most of the time lying on the floor by my feet playing with his cars, but at least he can say he was there!

I am going again (with my mum, without DS) on Saturday night for the final night of athletics - can't wait!

SoupDragon Mon 03-Sep-12 09:24:54

We were the opposite end to the cauldron with the big screen to our right smile

SheelaNeGig Mon 03-Sep-12 09:31:55

We were there. Right above the cauldron. Amazing wasn't it.
We also had evening tickets do saw Aled Davies get his medal. I might have got a bit emotional.

captainbarnacle Mon 03-Sep-12 21:27:41

Ooo I was in block 134! So probably just below you! Wish I could go without the DSs. Have a fantastic saturday night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now