Best route to swimming venue - from Kings Cross or Liverpool St

(10 Posts)

We're in Cambridge, and I can't for the life of me work out if I'm best to take us all to Kings Cross or Liverpool Street - we've got evening swimming session tickets for Monday 3rd Sept.

Has anyone else got any experience - what's the best route to take?
What's the Javelin train?

Confusedly yours smile

mummytime Sun 02-Sep-12 11:16:19

If you go into King's Cross I would take the Javelin, which takes about 8 minutes direct to Stratford. It is a very fast train that runs on the Eurostar tracks.
If you go to Liverpool street you can take overground or Central line to Stratford.
It is all well signposted with lts of staff to help you, and volunteers at the other end.
Just ignore the journey planning site which is mad.

Blowninonabreeze Sun 02-Sep-12 11:17:23

The javelin is a high speed bullet train from st pancras getting to Stratford in 8minutes. We're planing to use it tomorrow. I've been researching it as am going on my own with 2 preschoolers (gulp)

I gather that there's up to 8services an hour at peak times, and each train holds 1000 passengers, but reports suggest that at busy times there was a queue of up to 30 minutes during the Olympics..... I've decided I'd rather queue if necessary than do a few changes by tube.

It's use is covered by your games travelcard

ItsaTIARA Sun 02-Sep-12 11:18:22

Javelin from kings X, definitely.

Thank you!
So you to the Eurostar "bit" to get the Javelin train then?

That was "so you go to the Eurostar bit"... missed the word Go.

ItsaTIARA Sun 02-Sep-12 17:21:22

You can't miss it, there's big pink signs everywhere.

startwig1982 Sun 02-Sep-12 19:34:35

We took the javelin from st pancras-it was fab!

mamaduckbone Sun 02-Sep-12 23:04:23

We got the javelin from St Pancras too on Saturday and it couldn't have been easier - all really clearly signposted all the way into the Olympic park with stewards all over the place - and the aquatics centre is right at the Stratford side of the park. I was so amazed at how straightforward it all was. We walked straight onto a Javelin train both ways - no queueing.

Nosleeptillgodknowswhen Mon 03-Sep-12 11:37:08

Go park and ride from thurrock if you can. We did that last night and it was fab - much simpler and quicker than train overall. 1hr cambridge to lakeside then 30-40 min bus. We had the bus to ourselves on the way in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now