Paralympics babes in arms policy question

(7 Posts)
TeaAndSlanket Wed 29-Aug-12 09:40:09

Does the no-ticket rule still definitely apply for the Paralympics for babies under 12 months, for all Olympic Park stuff? Can you upgrade child tix to adults? Need to know if I can pass along some spare tickets.

Whatdoiknowanyway Thu 30-Aug-12 07:42:53

So long as baby is "attached" to parent ie in arms, in ling, in pushchair it's fine.

Whatdoiknowanyway Thu 30-Aug-12 07:43:27

Sorry, it's fine as in they don't need their own ticket

TeaAndSlanket Thu 30-Aug-12 22:50:44

Confirmed at my visit today. However, babies do require tickets for Orbit and they ballsed up the ticket-exchange to change my spare kid ticket to an adult, meaning I had to visit 3 separate official people/booths to sort it out and get let into my venue; would've been a nightmare had I not been the original ticket holder, with cards/ID etc. Word to the wise.

IslandIsla Sat 01-Sep-12 22:54:06

Babies need a ticket for the orbit? It doesn't state this on the website or list it as an exception to the babes in arms policy... I don't have an orbit ticket for my baby (and I have one for me!) seems nutty I would need one if she's in a sling... How dd you find that out?

TeaAndSlanket Sat 01-Sep-12 23:56:06

By asking the people in charge of the queue before we went up. I was contemplating reselling or giving up my "spare" ticket, but was told the baby would need it.

I would imagine it's the kind of thing where they would turn a friendly blind eye, though, if your baby was unticketed.

IslandIsla Sun 02-Sep-12 14:01:48

Interesting! Thanks for replying. I think if they refuse to let my six month old in without a ticket I shall be quoting the website at them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now