Grateful for advice on move to Christchurch/ southbourne area

(9 Posts)
StrollAlongTheProm Tue 10-Sep-13 14:31:34

Hi Katie,

We are hoping to do a local meet up soon if you would be interested?

When I have some dates I'll get back to you. smile

KatieWaring1 Tue 10-Sep-13 14:02:32

Hi,

how did you all get on? We have just moved to Southbourne and are waiting to hear re school places, also how easy did you find it to meet new people- any suggestions please?!

thegpswife Sat 25-May-13 08:25:14

Hi
We're moving in July to southbourne & have visited Lansdowne Baptist Church which was friendly & had good kids work. The Anglican Church in Iford is also meant to be good.

thegpswife Sat 20-Apr-13 18:28:48

Hello Saffina,
We are moving end of June/July to Southbourne, having spent a week in feb househunting (we're currently in N Yorks) we've gone straight for a purchase! Seems the best state school is Twynham for secondary & the Grammars outweigh the independent. Having already spent the price of a house on education, we're moving for the Grammar system (amongst other things). Wondering how to go about making friends though, as no longer am I a playground Mum.... :-)

Toothfairy1 Mon 14-Jan-13 08:59:03

Hello,
I have also moved to Bournemouth and am currently renting in Talbot woods. We are looking to buy a house and haven't decided on the area. We were considering Lower parkstone, Christchurch, and Southbourne.
Any recommendations? How did you all get on?
Saffina

DrSeuss Sat 01-Sep-12 16:53:34

My friends live in a place called Hoburne Farm. New build,very nice.

Haroon Sat 01-Sep-12 16:50:14

Hi Nikki.

We are in the same situation. Looking for 2 bed apartment. we have a baby 3 weeks old.

I have been down there and viewed few properties and its hard work.
Properties normally come on the market and they go straight away. So if you are outside Bournemouth you are already at a disadvantage.

have you seen any properties ? I would suggest registering with few Letting agents there.

Best wishes.

haroon

DrSeuss Fri 31-Aug-12 20:52:21

I have friends in Christchurch and it is lovely, good beaches, atractive area. However, you may want to check out the demographic! At 41 and 42, our friends are the young uns!

Nwebb Fri 31-Aug-12 16:23:36

hi

We're looking at moving down from London and looking into areas to live in Dorset. We're thinking of southbourne, Christchurch and brockenhurst. We have a 2 1/2 year old boy and another baby on the way. We're considering

1. Schools
2. Transport links for southampton
3. Sense of community, family area
4. Lively church

Would be grateful for feedback from people about the areas. Christchurch and southbourne appeal as they are on the coast and my husband is a keen sailor. Brockenhurst has good transport links however, a bit nervous about moving to village, is there enough going on for children and is there a friendly community of families, lively church?

Nikki

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now